What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Presidential Election 2008

Pages: (8): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Presidential Election 2008
Author: Message:
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Presidential Election 2008
After looking over the poll results from the 2008 presidential elections, I'm curious to know why those of you who've voted, voted for that canidate.

I originally voted for Huckabee, but after a 7 hour debate today in Nashville with the other FBLA state officers (Future Business Leaders of America), I've changed my vote to Clinton. Looking through the facts about Obama's campaign, he's contridicted himself many times by opposing the war in Iraq, but yet voting to fun billions of dollars. His views on same-sex-marriage are of his faith, and not of actuall legislation. While on the contrary, Clinton has been very straight forward from the get-go 5 years ago. Her statement to America about same-sex-marriage is that it needs to be resolved on local levels rather than by the executive branches. And she wants to re-gain America's trust by the countries that no longer support us.

Time for your views :).

This post was edited on 01-10-2008 at 03:10 AM by RebelSean.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
01-10-2008 03:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Presidential Election 2008
I can't vote, but Clinton ftw.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-10-2008 03:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Communist > Democratic :D

Kidding, my friend told me it was though (although I disagree ;o)
01-10-2008 05:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
My views are pretty obvious (Hint: look to the left).  Hillary Clinton is by far my candidate of choice, after performing extensive research on the Candidates, she seems to have the most views that I agree with, she doesnt contradict herself, and she's got some great ideas to bring about change and move our country forward.  Barack Obama is in my opinion a fake and is not worthy for my vote, I tend to agree more with Democrats, but if he got selected i'd likely vote Republican just because I disagree with his views so much.   Come February 5th, 2008, My votes with Hillary.
01-10-2008 06:21 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
Doesn't Hilary Clinton want to ban video games though, and she won't be able to bring in a decent and logical health care system for you guys because of the agreements Bush signed (see Michael Moore's Sicko)

TBH just someone who's not going to fuck you guys over and really bugger up the rest of the world again.

I heard Ron Paul was a good guy by a fair few internet people :-/

This post was edited on 01-10-2008 at 07:07 PM by aNILEator.
01-10-2008 07:07 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Presidential Election 2008
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Doesn't Hilary Clinton want to ban video games though, and she won't be able to bring in a decent and logical health care system for you guys because of the agreements Bush signed (see Michael Moore's Sicko)

TBH just someone who's not going to fuck you guys over and really bugger up the rest of the world again.

I heard Ron Paul was a good guy by a fair few internet people :-/

I don't recall Clinton stating she wanted a ban on video games, although I could be wrong. Tried searching for it, but it's not apart of her campaign :p. Bush has signed a lot of legislation, but it can be reversed with due course :).

Ron Paul wants to get rid of the IRS and federal reserve system :|. Needless to mention other things he wants to do :-/.
01-10-2008 08:15 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
Stephen Colbert FTW! [Image: woot.gif]
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
01-10-2008 08:22 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Clinton is the only one settings out real polices at the moment, showing she is organized and voters know what they are voting for. I'm happy whoever wins, as long as they are not Republican!

Who's the one who sounds like Donald Duck?

This post was edited on 01-10-2008 at 08:28 PM by absorbation.
01-10-2008 08:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
I heard Ron Paul was a good guy by a fair few internet people (Smilie)
He's also against net neutrality, which I don't quite understand why, but he's definitely not getting my vote.
01-10-2008 10:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Presidential Election 2008
quote:
Originally posted by ddunk
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
I heard Ron Paul was a good guy by a fair few internet people (Smilie)
He's also against net neutrality, which I don't quite understand why, but he's definitely not getting my vote.

That quote didn't come from me :p.

A just read a nice bit of information on Obama:

quote:
Originally posted by E-mail Message Forward
Very interesting and something that should be considered in your choice.

If you do not ever forward anything else, please forward this to all your contacts...this is very scary to think of what lies ahead of us here in our own United States...better heed this and pray about it and share it. We checked this out on " snopes.com ". It is factual. Check for yourself.

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHEIST from Wichita, Kansas. Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.?

When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocate to Indonesia. Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school. Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that he is not a radical. Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background. ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.

Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegiance nor will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches. Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own!!!!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading our country?...... NOT ME

:|
01-11-2008 02:21 AM
Pages: (8): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: