What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Presidential Election 2008

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
Presidential Election 2008
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Presidential Election 2008
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Clinton's never been president and so has no experience?

Secondly, what has Clinton ever done?

Believe me, she had influence when her husband was President.

In the UK the ideologies of a political party must be outlined in their manifesto and upon being electing into power they must fulfill their mandate. Upon research it can be difficult to find out what changes in legislation the new president will bring about, which makes it difficult for me to side with one candidate.
02-22-2008 09:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Believe me, she had influence when her husband was President.
That doesn't mean anything though 8-)
[Image: jumbled.png]
02-22-2008 09:24 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
she is/was a senator?

and so was obamah, iirc.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-22-2008 09:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Hilary was the women behind Bill in many forms, she basically ran as President by having a huge influence over her husband's polices. If you want to see what Hilary will do for America, look at America when Bill had power :).
02-22-2008 09:46 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:
Originally posted by ddunk
quote:
I heard Ron Paul was a good guy by a fair few internet people (Smilie)
He's also against net neutrality, which I don't quite understand why, but he's definitely not getting my vote.

That quote didn't come from me :p.

A just read a nice bit of information on Obama:

quote:
Originally posted by E-mail Message Forward
Very interesting and something that should be considered in your choice.

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHEIST from Wichita, Kansas. Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.?

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading our country?...... NOT ME

:|

Nice how they use his full name to associate him with Saddam Hussein. That's pretty stupid, and a bunch of crap if you ask me (Not saying that it's a bunch of lies, but it's just written to make him seem like something he's not)

Hillary is pretty dumb and has contradicted herself a lot (Saying "I have no responsability for what my husband did in office, and do not associate me with him [as a president]" and at other times saying that she has a lot of experience because of her husband. Make up your mind, either you want us to judge you for what your husband did or not. Plus she's always playing dirty tricks (Like when talking about Obama plagiarizing part of the speech, when he's a good friend of the governor that issued it first and had his consent.. ).. etc.

Obama ftw
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
02-23-2008 12:42 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Presidential Election 2008
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by andrey
quote:
I know this is double posting, but I'm sure it'll be allowed. I found this video while doing research on what Senator Obama has accomplished in the senate. And to be honest, I think this video tells a lot about Senator Obama. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGeu_4Ekx-o

Thoughts welcome :).
8-)

Seriously, that post is almost as sad as the one about the chain-letter..
This guy wasn't prepared to answer a question he obviously didn't expect, but how does this tell a lot about Barack Obama?

You should do more research, and perhaps start here: Kirk Watson's reaction to this on his blog

My point being that if you support a canidate, and endorse them, yet can't name an accomplishment on national television, why are you supporting that canidate? I've never seen anyone that couldn't name at least one thing that a canidate has done. More to my point is that voters don't take a hard look at the facts before they vote. That base their vote on what they've heard, and to me that's heartbreaking because our country is falling now more than ever, and we need a president that has the experience.
Clinton's never been president and so has no experience?

Secondly, what has Clinton ever done?

Thirdly, the whole point of the election is for people to vote on a candidate from what the candidate says they will do for them. How is the election not supposed to be won by what has been heard? That's pretty fucked up 8-)

You're right, Clinton has never been president, but she's been in the White House and in this country's political proccess for 35 years, compaired to Obama's first term as a senator. To me, that's not enough to get my vote. I will never vote based on what a canidate says they will do, anyone can say they can do so much for America, but it will take someone very strong to bring those changes. I belive it will take someone who is able to unite the parties, so we can get those solutions in place. I don't believe that we should have a president who will need to be on training wheels during their first years as president. America is already in extreme economic trouble, and our deficit is rising. I have a great deal of respect for Senator Obama, but I just don't think he's what America needs right now.

As far as what Senator Clinton has done, I'll simply leave you with the choice to read this very in depth article on the thing's she's done in the senate: http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Hillary_Clinton.htm
I'll try to find a nice page that lists everything else Hillary has accomplished.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
02-23-2008 03:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
I don't trust rebelsean's links.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-23-2008 03:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
quote:

As far as what Senator Clinton has done, I'll simply leave you with the choice to read this very in depth article on the thing's she's done in the senate: http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Hillary_Clinton.htm

Sorry, I think in your pro-Clinton-ness, you forgot to also post a list of things that Obama has done in the senate:
http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Barack_Obama.htm.

Just because Clinton has been in the White House does not mean she will make a better President than Obama will. Does the tea lady who has worked in the White House for 50 years have more experience at being President than Obama does, just because she's been in the White House?
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
02-23-2008 03:59 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Presidential Election 2008
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
quote:

Sorry, I think in your pro-Clinton-ness, you forgot to also post a list of things that Obama has done in the senate:
http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Barack_Obama.htm.

Just because Clinton has been in the White House does not mean she will make a better President than Obama will. Does the tea lady who has worked in the White House for 50 years have more experience at being President than Obama does, just because she's been in the White House?

Actually I did not post a list of Senator Obama's accomplishments because that was not the question asked :p. It had nothing to do because I'm a Clinton supporter.

I did not say that simply because Senator Clinton has been in the White House will make her a better president than Senator Obama would. You missed the part where I said that her 35 years of being a part of the government would. And it's not that either, there's are many reasons why I think that Senator Clinton would make a better president than Senator Obama would.  I have a great deal of respect for Senator Obama don't get me wrong. I just simply don't believe that he's ready, and that's my own opinion. I don't think that he can unite the country, and take on the repercussions that Bush is leaving us with.

I firmly believe a statement that Senator Clinton made a few months ago:

"It took a Clinton to clean up after the first Bush, and now it's going to take another Clinton to clean up after the current Bush".

This post was edited on 02-24-2008 at 12:33 AM by RebelSean.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
02-24-2008 12:31 AM
Svip
Board's Foremost Baby-Eater

I eat babies.

37 / Other / Flag
:( Why isn't Al Gore running?  I want him to win!
[Image: weredoomed4ds.png]
02-24-2008 04:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: