What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Script wont start

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Script wont start
Author: Message:
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Script wont start
Hey guys

I'm having a problem witha  script refusing to load.  When it's imported it fails to start, and if I try to run it it tells me "script is defective or privledges issue"

I used to have the script installed and it ran fine, but I have no reason why its not now.  It's the same computer and same priviledges (I'm admin account) and the script installs on other peoples computers.

Any thoughts?
cheers all

This post was edited on 02-05-2008 at 03:37 PM by ArkaneArkade.
[Image: adsig.jpg]
02-05-2008 03:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Script wont start
What script is it? Do you get any errors in the debug window?

To Enable the Debug Window click the Script Icon on the dashboard > Scripts Preferences... > Check Enable debugging options > Ok

In the Debug Window select the script from the drop down and paste whatever you see into this thread.
02-05-2008 04:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
C-Quel

Script is starting
Error: Error 10022 in function WSAIoctl(SIO_RCVALL)
Invalid argument (code: -2147418113)
       File: Xniff.js. Line: 3.
Script has failed to start
02-05-2008 06:01 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by matty
What script is it?
02-05-2008 06:53 PM
C-Quel

http://www.arkanes-arkade.co.uk/XBox/Script.html
02-05-2008 07:26 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
is it just me, or did C-Quel hijack this thread?

Anyway, the script loads fine here, but I don't have an XBox to see if everything works. I would recommend removing the script, and then reloading it to start
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
02-05-2008 07:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
C-Quel

#1 - I didnt hijack the thread.
#2 - I consider helping out with debug logs etc as saving the author (a friend of mine) time and effort.
#3 - I would recommend removing the script, and then reloading it to start (you think i'm stupid aswell)

Sorry Leroux but im not willing to put up with this shit off people who have no idea what there talking about, im afraid you may have to take some time out to provide the information yourself now.

I'm going back to my development team forum where people respect help.
02-05-2008 11:41 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by C-Quel
#1 - I didnt hijack the thread.
#2 - I consider helping out with debug logs etc as saving the author (a friend of mine) time and effort.
#3 - I would recommend removing the script, and then reloading it to start (you think i'm stupid aswell)

Sorry Leroux but im not willing to put up with this shit off people who have no idea what there talking about, im afraid you may have to take some time out to provide the information yourself now.

I'm going back to my development team forum where people respect help.
1.) That isn't made clear until your latest post, before that it is/was as if you just dropped in and posted some error you experienced, without any link to the topic starter.
2.) See 1.
3.) Nobody said he/she thinks you're stupid, it's just that nobody (neither you nor the topic starter) mentioned anything that has been tried to solve the problem. Reinstalling the script seems a perfect place to start.

Now the cocky attitude you show in your last post isn't going to get you anywhere. I mean, you and Lourix ask for help here, people take time to answer your posts and all they get as a response is this. I'm sure you wouldn't like such a situation in your dev team forum.

Anyway, I don't really feel like it since your last post, but I'll take a quick look at it now and post back when I find something.

This post was edited on 02-06-2008 at 12:01 AM by Jesus.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
02-05-2008 11:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Script wont start
Sorry guys, I never fully explained at the start, the problems were on C-Quels computer, just I figured it would be quicker and less explaining to say me.

I have the script installed on 3 computers at mines, with no problems.  C-Quel on the other hand gets the following error on manual startup of the script.

code:
Script is starting
Error: Error 10022 in function WSAIoctl(SIO_RCVALL)
Invalid argument (code: -2147418113)
       File: Xniff.js. Line: 3.
Script has failed to start

The line mentioned where the problem is caused is simply "xniff.Start();"

I know C-Quel used to have this script working, but removed it to update the version.  I compiled the .plsc and sent it over earlier so it is exactly the same as I use (as is the one on the server) so I really don't understand what the issue can be.

I know people have had issues with Xniff before, but as I said it used to work fine for C-Quel, and there've been no system changes.  He's running the same windows as me with similar specs so I'm clueless.

Cheers guys.
[Image: adsig.jpg]
02-06-2008 12:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
I just looked into it and ended up googling for the error.
One of the first hits on google was a thread on these forums, specifically the Xniff thread.
So after reading it for a bit I found CookieRevised's Reply in which he states that this error occurs when a raw socket could not be created. (The rest of the thread might be worth reading too)
Most of the time this problem occurs with wireless devices, but it could also be a driver issue.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
02-06-2008 12:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: