What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Big problems importing scripts

Big problems importing scripts
Author: Message:
bbk

O.P. Huh?  Big problems importing scripts
I cant!

Every time I try and add one such as the Youtube video viewer or the what im listening to script Windows Live crashes.
I have uninstalled and installed the lastest version of WLM, still no success. I did however get one script to work, but the majority dont seem to work at all.

Help!!! :^)

This post was edited on 02-19-2008 at 11:28 PM by bbk.
02-19-2008 11:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Big problems importing scripts
please can you give us the version of you Windows Live Messenger (WLM) and your version of Messenger Plus! Live (MP!L)... and tell us your OS and its version... using (!VER) in a conversation can give you this info... just copy and paste it here...

using (!SVER) in a convo you will get a list of the installed scripts too... please paste it here... but you must be using MP!L 4.5 to use this dynamic tag...

do have other plugins installed like StuffPlug, Messenger Discovery, MSN Shell, etc??? if you have one of them please let us know wich one and its version...

with all this info we maybe can help you with...

This post was edited on 02-19-2008 at 11:58 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
02-19-2008 11:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bbk

O.P. RE: Big problems importing scripts
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.50.0.312

At the moment I have "Messednger Music", "Mute 1.11", "Now Playing 1.3.4" and "Youtube Launcher 1.1" installed and stopped as they cause WLM to crash when activated.

This post was edited on 02-20-2008 at 08:46 PM by bbk.
02-20-2008 08:43 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Big problems importing scripts
I advice you to unistall all that scripts by the MP!L preferences and go to the script folder and delete the remain files/folders... and try to install it again (but maybe first checking if there are updates to those scripts to avoid bugs)...

after that if the problem persist... maybe you can do a test enabling the scripts one by one until you get with the one you are getting problems and them report the issue here or in the specific script thread...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
02-20-2008 10:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bbk

O.P. RE: Big problems importing scripts
The first script I ever imported was the Now Playing 1.3.4 and that crashed it. It was the only script I imported and it always crashed WLM. YThen I reinstalled WLM and MP!L and got a different script which crashed it also, so far every script crashes WLM for me except for Mute

I have tried going through one by one and all but Mute crash WLM.

Here is the error report for WLM when I attempt to run the Now Playing script. At least what can be copied and pasted.

"AppName: msnmsgr.exe      AppVer: 8.5.1302.1018     AppStamp:4717a53b
ModName: kernel32.dll      ModVer: 5.1.2600.3119      ModStamp:46239bd5
fDebug: 0       Offset: 00012a5b"

Thanks
BBK

02-20-2008 10:30 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites