What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Auto Login to WLM when connection fails

Auto Login to WLM when connection fails
Author: Message:
sagagemini

O.P. Auto Login to WLM when connection fails
Hi

Well I have WLM 8.1 and I'm looking for some script that can Auto Login to WLM when internet connection fails and not just tell me that "Because a problem with the connection some changes may not apply....etc" frezze and do nothing.

I need something kinda like what WLM beta 8.5 does when internet connection fails, it attempts to auto recconect again until it login again, that's what I need but I don't want to install WLM beta 8.5.

Hope I can be helped, thanks!

bye
02-24-2008 10:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Auto Login to WLM when connection fails
Heres a basic one, some of the guys might be able to give you a better script though.

code:
function OnEvent_Signout(email) {
    Debug.Trace(email);   
    if (email == "my@email.address") {
        MsgPlus.AddTimer("SignIn",10000);
    }
}

function OnEvent_Timer(TimerId) {
    if (TimerId == "SignIn")
    {
        Messenger.AutoSignin();
    }
}

function OnEvent_Signin(email) {
    MsgPlus.CancelTimer("SignIn");
}
to use it you'll need to edit the email address and have your account set to sign in automatically.  I made this for when my wireless drops because msn trys when the network is connected to, but thats before the net is connected.

Why don't you want to use 8.5 though?  It's out of Beta, and intending to force and update very soon anyway, so it shouldn't make too much difference, I wouldn't think.
[Image: adsig.jpg]
02-24-2008 11:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Leroux
Heres a basic one, some of the guys might be able to give you a better script though.

code:
function OnEvent_Signout(email) {
    Debug.Trace(email);   
    if (email == "my@email.address") {
    }
}

function OnEvent_Timer(TimerId) {
    if (TimerId == "SignIn")
    {
        Messenger.AutoSignin();
    }
}

function OnEvent_Signin(email) {
    MsgPlus.CancelTimer("SignIn");
}
to use it you'll need to edit the email address and have your account set to sign in automatically.  I made this for when my wireless drops because msn trys when the network is connected to, but thats before the net is connected.

Why don't you want to use 8.5 though?  It's out of Beta, and intending to force and update very soon anyway, so it shouldn't make too much difference, I wouldn't think.
Well firstly, that script is really bad, say you want to log off WLM, it will just log you back on again which could get really annoying.
Maybe, on signout, you could display a box which says signing back in in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 or whatever, and unless the user clicks cancell on that box, it will automatically sign them back in
02-25-2008 12:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Auto Login to WLM when connection fails
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo

Well firstly, that script is really bad, say you want to log off WLM, it will just log you back on again which could get really annoying.
Maybe, on signout, you could display a box which says signing back in in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 or whatever, and unless the user clicks cancell on that box, it will automatically sign them back in
I'll have a look into adding a prompt like that, it's just a straight copy from mines, because I'm the only one using the computer, so I never needed anything else.  Definitely needs refining, either when I get time, or if noone else can give a better solution.
02-25-2008 12:39 AM
sagagemini

O.P. RE: Auto Login to WLM when connection fails
Hi

Thanks, it works, though I only tested once by login out myself and may not work if WLM get frezzed when connection fails, I'm worried.

I have one question now, is there any way to put my pass there on the script so I don't have to set my account to sign in automatically?, because I'm not the only one who use this computer :P

Oh, I don't want to update WLM for now because some other programs are not fully compatible with 8.5 such as Discovery :)

Thanks again bb
02-25-2008 04:48 AM
sagagemini

O.P. RE: RE: Auto Login to WLM when connection fails
quote:
Originally posted by sagagemini

Thanks, it works, though I only tested once by login out myself and may not work if WLM get frezzed when connection fails, I'm worried.

Yeah as I expected when internet fails (56k modem dial up) WLM just frezze on the main window of my contact list as if I still where connected :S

What can I do?, an auto detect or something like that

Thanks take care bb
02-25-2008 03:39 PM
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
OK, I really wouldn't have a clue regarding that.  I generally find that MsgPlus stops working as well when Messenger does, so if it's freezing I wouldn't be able to use scripts anyway.
02-25-2008 05:46 PM
sagagemini

O.P. RE: Auto Login to WLM when connection fails
That's exactly what is happening oh well :(

Thank you so much!
02-25-2008 08:27 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version