What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09)

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release] YASS 0.9.86 (Aug 9 08) Server 0.10.112 (Jan 25 09)
Author: Message:
r3d DaWn

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27)
Thanks for the reply and help, I seem to have it working now. Many thanks. 2 questions though. The MSN DARK default image, as you notice, on the 4 corners shows some white edges, and on a dark forum background, can be seen quite easily, is that the image itself that is the issue, or did I do something wrong? Also, will current versions of this script included the default MSN emoticons that can be used in a personal message? Notice on mine the small computer by my personal message doesn't show, will that feature be added in upcoming releases? Great work, love the script, many thanks again.
[Image: 304-0.png]
03-28-2008 01:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by r3d DaWn
Thanks for the reply and help, I seem to have it working now. Many thanks. 2 questions though. The MSN DARK default image, as you notice, on the 4 corners shows some white edges, and on a dark forum background, can be seen quite easily, is that the image itself that is the issue, or did I do something wrong? Also, will current versions of this script included the default MSN emoticons that can be used in a personal message? Notice on mine the small computer by my personal message doesn't show, will that feature be added in upcoming releases? Great work, love the script, many thanks again.

edit the template and change in the Background setting

- check Transparent Background
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
03-28-2008 02:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27)
As of now, icons do not appear in the personal message due to the line wrapping feature of the psm. Positioning the icons is going to be a huge pain when i get around to doing it.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
03-28-2008 02:25 AM
r3d DaWn

– / Male / Flag
@ roflmao456: many thanks for the tip, worked, thank you

@ MeEtc: sorry, didn't know it was more work to add them in, though I hope in time, when possible, etc, that this can be part of the script, as everything else on it rocks, and many of us use icons in those personal messages, just a hope that it can be a feature that is added soon.. many thanks for the work on the script though, it's awesome..
03-28-2008 02:56 AM
Justin

32 / Male / Flag
Great to see another release, works fine for me now :)
03-28-2008 03:13 AM
Roger2hk

MSN Plus! Live Plug-Ins Translator

– / Male / Flag
Could you please fix the language bugs?
It cannot display the big5 (Traditional Chinese Words)!!
Should I upload it or something else?
[Image: 137-1.png]
03-31-2008 11:29 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Haven't noticed any bugs, not sure if it was a new minor release or what, nice job adam :)
...there used to be a signature here :)
03-31-2008 12:37 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27)
Yes, this was a minor release (only one revision between). In this update, there were some Spanish translation updates and fixes to the image editor. When selecting New, the list wasn't closing like it should, and the New from Template button was causing an error that prevented the template window from opening.
quote:
Originally posted by Roger2hk
Could you please fix the language bugs?
It cannot display the big5 (Traditional Chinese Words)!!
Should I upload it or something else?
The only limitation for Traditional Chinese characters is the font that you're using. The only font available at the moment (I think) that can display this is Arial Unicode. If you have any other fonts, feel free to upload it, or link it to me if its too big.
03-31-2008 07:00 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked  RE: [Release] YASS 0.9.85 (March 27)
I'm making this double post (sorry) to make some updates on the overall progress I'm having with this project.

As for the client script, revision 85 is currently available. This is the third version that has been released since the original release candidate, revision 78. I have made a few more changes still to that version. I expect that 86 or 87 will be released as version 1.0 in the next month or so. I haven't been doing very much other than fixing bugs and code restructuring/moving since rev.78. That doesn't mean I haven't been busy, because I have been making many changes and additions on the server side.

The first public release of the server software contained little more than the back-end functionality, and a minimalistic home page. Since then, I have added ability for both user and administrative logins, with pages for each. Users now have the ability to upload their own images and fonts (and mark as private if so desired) to submit to the staff for review. Users can see the status of their own uploads, and view all fonts and images that have been approved by staff.

On the administration side, there are pages for a full list of users, all uploaded images and fonts and ability to edit the specifics for them, as well as an upload tool without filesize restrictions.

I would guess and say that I'm about halfway finished with the features I plan on adding  to the server. Things I have yet to add include:
  • Editing users: reset password, deny uploads, disable account
  • Mod/admin list: add additional staff members
  • User messaging: Allow messages to be sent from a web page to users
    • I have two ideas on how to add this, and I'm not sure which to use quite yet. One method is to have a simple text form to enter a message, and have the messaging bot deliver the message to the user. This method will be able to take messages even when a user is offline. The other alternative is to use the Windows Live messaging app to allow a real-time conversation, but it only works if the user is online. Suggestions are welcome
  • I still have not done anything with the messaging bot, despite all the complaints. I have not collected enough information to find out WHY it isn't working everywhere. If there is anyone who is having problems with the bot script, please contact me via email or WLM/MSN.
  • A whole bunch of minor inconsistencies within the code.

Some shuffling of the servers will probably be coming in the near future as well. My goal (not by choice, blame my hoster :tongue:) is to have multiple public YASS servers off from the main site, for separating users by region. I currently have a second server off the main one that will become the home for users of the Americas. I'm waiting on another that will host users on and to the east of the Prime Meridian.

I am also in need of translators! The client is available in Deutsch (German), English, Espaņol (Spanish), Italiano (Italian), and Nederlands (Dutch). Additional translations (particularly French!) would be much appreciated. The server is only available in English at the moment because it is still constantly changing, and have not sorted out the differences between the  main site and the distributed versions. Please contact me if you are willing to help out.

Some statistics for everyone to look at for the month of March...
300 new users
13.45 GB in bandwidth used
250 downloads of the server software
over 17,000 downloads of the plus script

567089 status images loaded [Image: xso_shocked.gif]

Lastly, I am always open to suggestions. I probably won't be adding anything to version 1.0 aside to what I have mentioned above, but I already have other things which I'll list below I plan on adding later. If you have anything at all to mention or suggest, tell me! Without knowing what users want, I can't make YASS a better product.

Things to add in future versions:
  • A preview window on the image editor, to be displayed with HTML / browser object.
  • Layering in the image editor, to change the order in which components are rendered.
  • Possibility of adding a CMS on the main site, and maybe a forum if there's enough demand.
  • Do I dare say it... A bot script that works

Thank you very much to everyone who has helped me along the way so far, most especially to mynetx and Brayden for their continued help, support and endless hours of time.
04-01-2008 07:52 AM
r3d DaWn

– / Male / Flag
from what you listed, the only thing I would ask for is that msn default icons be allowed to show up in the personal message in future builds of your script. Beyond that, I think your script is great and use it over anything else, and have pushed others to use it too... Great job, keep up the work...thanks for keeping us updated on your projects...
04-04-2008 09:46 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: