What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Help with this MSN Virus!!!

Help with this MSN Virus!!!
Author: Message:
cangri1788

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Help with this MSN Virus!!!
I have a virus that doesn't let me put display pictures, send winks, create or add emotions, and when i check the list of display pictures there's none in the list, the virus "unchecks" the box that says "show display picture" in my msn settings, and when i check it, it unchecks it again, can anybody tell me the name of this virus?? or better, how to remove it?

Ive seen some topics about msn viruses here, but none about this one...
03-04-2008 03:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Help with this MSN Virus!!!
Hrm, doesnt sound like that awful of a virus for me...i'd willingly infect myself with something that removes the bloat of Messenger.

Anyway, do you have any other details?  Strange files you recently ran or anything like that?  What you've described so far makes it kind of hard to narrow down a virus and not a WLM bug or something else.  What version of WLM are you running and what operating system?
03-04-2008 03:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
cangri1788

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Help with this MSN Virus!!!
well, i have the latest Windows live msn i dloaded last week, and my operating system is XP, anyway, u look like u know about this stuff, do u have msn? im signed in now, so u can help me with this, my msn is element_freak1988@hotmail.com, add me, give me urs if u want, or send me any tips in pm or email, thanks!

And about any suspected details hmm, i have this virus from a while now, i think i got it from a website, a contact or w/e, i dont remember...

This post was edited on 03-04-2008 at 03:23 PM by cangri1788.
03-04-2008 03:15 PM
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
This is not a work of a messenger virus (it could be though, but I highly doubt so), nor is it a bug of WLM.

It might be a work of a system virus, but I couldn't recall the name of that particular virus my friend had encounted before. Running a virus scan is recommended for such situation.
03-04-2008 07:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cangri1788
well, i have the latest Windows live msn i dloaded last week, and my operating system is XP, anyway, u look like u know about this stuff, do u have msn? im signed in now, so u can help me with this, my msn is element_freak1988@hotmail.com, add me, give me urs if u want, or send me any tips in pm or email, thanks!And about any suspected details hmm, i have this virus from a while now, i think i got it from a website, a contact or w/e, i dont remember...
If it is a WLM virus, I wouldn't recommend adding anybody. It may replicate itself and send itself to your contacts. Also, without sounding mean or anything, people shouldn't add you anyway incase it's something worse, or even made by you. I know it may sound ludicrous, but there are so many scammers going around on the internet today :p

About Dane:
quote:
u look like u know about this stuff

Dane knows nothing :refuck: lol
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-04-2008 08:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cangri1788

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Help with this MSN Virus!!!
quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
This is not a work of a messenger virus (it could be though, but I highly doubt so), nor is it a bug of WLM.

It might be a work of a system virus, but I couldn't recall the name of that particular virus my friend had encounted before. Running a virus scan is recommended for such situation.

I HAVE TESTED MY PC DAILY AND DOESNT DETECT THE VIRUS, AND ABOUT THE ANTIVIRUS I HAVE AVG.

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
well, i have the latest Windows live msn i dloaded last week, and my operating system is XP, anyway, u look like u know about this stuff, do u have msn? im signed in now, so u can help me with this, my msn is element_freak1988@hotmail.com, add me, give me urs if u want, or send me any tips in pm or email, thanks!And about any suspected details hmm, i have this virus from a while now, i think i got it from a website, a contact or w/e, i dont remember...
If it is a WLM virus, I wouldn't recommend adding anybody. It may replicate itself and send itself to your contacts. Also, without sounding mean or anything, people shouldn't add you anyway incase it's something worse, or even made by you. I know it may sound ludicrous, but there are so many scammers going around on the internet today :p

About Dane:
quote:
u look like u know about this stuff

Dane knows nothing :refuck: lol

dude i have this virus for a while now and i have more than 100 friends and none of them have the problem, it doesn't replicate through out my contacts.

SOO, ive seen nobody knows about this virus, maybe it was an error to post this lol, just kidding, ill try somewhere else, thanks for nothing....
03-05-2008 02:16 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
There's so many Messenger viruses going round it's hard to help when you don't know what virus it is. Doesn't even sound like a virus to me.

quote:
thanks for nothing....
No need to be rude.

This post was edited on 03-05-2008 at 04:06 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-05-2008 04:05 AM
High Speed Chaser

Don't mess with the Wambulance!

– / Male / Flag
No one anti-virus is going to detect everything. You might have to try some of the online scanners listed here and if worst comes to worst re-format your computer.

Could it possibly a root-kit?

High Speed Chaser's standard virus reply.

Here are some free anti-viruses that you can download (in no particular order).
Please note you should only have one resident anti-virus program

Or try either of these free online scanners
All are Free.

Remember the best virus defence is common sense and always check with your contact!

Search the forums!

Do you have an anti-virus scanner? If not download a full program from the first list. If you do have an anti-virus update then run it or use from the second list.

A combination of 2 programs from the third list and 1 from the top list should be sufficient to remove the virus and protect the computer in the future.[/u]

This post was edited on 03-05-2008 at 05:24 AM by High Speed Chaser.
If only I knew what I should put here
03-05-2008 05:21 AM
cangri1788

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Help with this MSN Virus!!!
Thanx for the info dude, well im planning to re-format my computer, because i dont find a fix for this problem, thanks!

This post was edited on 03-06-2008 at 03:02 AM by WDZ.
03-05-2008 02:15 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: