What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [HELP] create a new window

[HELP] create a new window
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. [HELP] create a new window
i know that skinning can skin existing windows, however is it possible to create a new one myself through skinning, blessedguy has helped me with a few features and im running out of space to list all of the little things he is helping me with so wanted to make an about window where i can put all these credits etc is this possible?
03-11-2008 06:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: [HELP] create a new window
If you mean there is not enough space to put the credits of your skin in the Options Panel, then you just have to make the Options Window a bit bigger by editing the ChildTemplate, in which you decide the exact dimensions of the window
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-11-2008 01:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
No, but you can add it to the Windows Live Messenger About-box or your settings window.
4 8 15 16 23 42
03-11-2008 02:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [HELP] create a new window
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
If you mean there is not enough space to put the credits of your skin in the Options Panel, then you just have to make the Options Window a bit bigger by editing the ChildTemplate, in which you decide the exact dimensions of the window

yes i know that you can extend the size of the window, however im on an 800x600 resolution, as it stands my skin options panel is 450x315, in height my options panel just barely fits on my screen and even then the cancel and ok buttons are mostly hidden under my taskbar with just the top bit showing, fortunately i remembered which is on the left and which is on the right so it doesnt really cause me any problems but could annoy other people, i dont have enough space to increase it width wise as it will cause the same sort of problem im having with the height, therefore its no longer practical to put it all in skin options, my only solution could be that i stuff it all on an image and shrink the image to fit in the space, however the text will look really tiny and those im crediting would probably need a magnifying glass to see what ive written.

its a shame we dont have an about window in skinning, scripts could have them and it seems rather unfair that skins can't oh well ill have to figure something out on my own i guess.
03-11-2008 06:14 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
why don't you group some of the options? and also change the fonts to a littler one, like:

code:
<Font><Bold>false</Bold><Italic>false</Italic><Size>9</Size></Font>

to:
code:
<Font><Bold>false</Bold><Italic>false</Italic><Size>8</Size></Font>

or

<Font><Bold>false</Bold><Italic>false</Italic><Size>7</Size></Font>

[Image: Empty.png]
03-21-2008 07:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [HELP] create a new window
well now that theres an about box feature i have a little more space to work with, i took out a few labels that were taking up space it may not be totally clear what everything is but im using abbreviations to solve that and they can read the readme file to find out what those mean.

yeah i could reduce font size later on if needed and i am looking at taking option grouping perhaps a little further maybe a whole set of themed mods like default, blue, green etc
03-21-2008 09:23 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: