What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! Live 4.60 is out

Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60 is out
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Plus! Live 4.60 is out
Hi,

a new version of Messenger Plus! is now available for download! Many things have been updated in version 4.60 but if you’re not a script or a skin developer, chances are you won’t see much difference compared with the last update. Still, among the improvements you’ll notice that WMA sound files can be selected for Custom Notifications, all the extra Plus! features now work fine in Mobile Device chat windows, and notification popups are now shown in a better way.

If you’re a script developer, you’ll find many new functions of interest in this release, like UploadFileFTP,  GetElementPos, ExtractFromZIP and support for synchronous callbacks with GetCallbackPtr. Skin developers will enjoy even more improvements, like DateRange restrictions to make your skin change depending on the current date, advanced new features for Color resources to create customized colorization values and gradient colors, the addition of Font elements to distribute and use special fonts in your skin, the possibility to create a separate About Box window, Environment tags for PlusSkin elements to create conditions based on things like the current version of Messenger, and more! Just check the Change Log and download the latest version of the documentations to see it all.

Of course, even if you’re just a simple user, all the updates that are related to scripts and skins still concern you. You’ll need the latest version of Messenger Plus! to be able to enjoy upcoming scripts and skins that make use of these improvements (and trust me, some good stuff awaits you in the near future for both, many very talented people now work on Messenger Plus! extensions). Also, in addition to all these updates, the new version contains an extra dose of bug fixes to make the software even more stable and enjoyable which brings me to something special I wanted to talk about.

Almost anybody who’s been using Windows for an extended period of time knows about the “Send Error Report” window. This window popups when a program crashes and asks if you want to send additional information to Microsoft about the problem. What some of you may not realize is how precious this information can be and how useful this system is. The reports are gathered together, classified, organised and made available to the associated software developer by the Windows Quality Online Services (Winqual) team at Microsoft. For years this team has helped me improve Messenger Plus! with the reports you’ve sent. Tens and tens of important errors have been found and fixed thanks to the service they provide. I’m proud to be able to deliver a highly reliable product to my users and I wanted to point out that my job would be much more difficult sometimes if the Winqual team was not here to help. The people who work in Winqual are among the most professional people I’ve worked with at Microsoft and I just wanted to thank them for the service they provide, especially considering that most people have no idea of who they are and what they do ;-).

Thank you for using Messenger Plus! and keep on sending those error reports when prompted :-). Have fun with the new release!

Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-19-2008 09:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.60 is out
w00t!
* MeEtc downloads and installs right away

This post was edited on 03-19-2008 at 09:04 PM by MeEtc.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
03-19-2008 09:04 PM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
=o wtf... this is like unexpected

but oh well... woot ;o
03-19-2008 09:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Awesome news. Time to update my beta then :P.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
03-19-2008 09:08 PM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
New release :D Didn't know the Winqual team actually sent information to you as well :o
[Image: signature.php]
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
Oh yay! Downloading right now...
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6525 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes ago.

roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
lol never knew :cheesy:
until adam told me with his (!VER) <3
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
03-19-2008 09:09 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Thanks Patchou. Those are great news for all us developers
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
03-19-2008 09:12 PM
felipEx
Scripting Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
Thanks Patchou, i love the new features :)

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
lol never knew :cheesy:
meh, i knew about it  because PortalMes.com (a dodgy spanish website) was talking about a rumour...   :/

* felipEx downloads and installs right now =D
03-19-2008 09:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
*downloads*
03-19-2008 09:22 PM
Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »