What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! Live 4.60 is out

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60 is out
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.60 is out
Thanks for the new features and new functions of skins&scripts.

However I didn't like one thing with this update. You added a new ChkAccept2 key in translation file which is used when importing Skins from Windows shell however you neither requested the updated sentences from us (translators) nor created that key yourself in all the translation files with the same value of the ChkAccept key which is just above that ChkAccept2 (I thought you'll do so since you said "translators, don't worry about it" and didn't want us to update our files). But now users of Messenger Plus! translations will have to see English sentence for checkbox while importing Skins, which is the most new&popular feature, from shell and it is just wrong according to me :(
03-20-2008 10:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.60 is out
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
You added a new ChkAccept2 key in translation file which is used when importing Skins from Windows shell however you neither requested the updated sentence...
Sorry about that, fixed and re-uploaded.

quote:
however theres no way for my users to get into it so how do i let them access it
Please read the documentation more carefully :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-21-2008 05:09 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Skin auto-updating is scheduled for the next version.

As for the documentation, if you see no change, get it again from the server. The Schema's documentation should include a "Fonts" element on the root (I had wrongly updated the file the day of the update).

You are right though, I should add more information to the documentaiton. I'm counting on the new tutorials section of the skin's database to fil lthe gaps. For the About Boxes: just create another window in the file you specified in <InterfaceFile>. You can find some more information about that in the documentation, "Options for Advanced Users" section, bottom of the page.
Finally...I release updates so oftenly...that i think users don't even know what version they are on! (althoug...they just need to check the About Messenger box...).
Oh, the Sknning Documentation works fine...to update to the new one just delete the old one in the main skins folder and click on the documentation link at the skins menu...i think its the same for scripts.

[Edited by moderator: The AboutWnd topic has been split to the skinning forum]

This post was edited on 03-21-2008 at 08:32 PM by WDZ.
[Image: Empty.png]
03-21-2008 07:27 PM
matt

skate is not a crime...

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.60 is out
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Finally...I release updates so oftenly...that i think users don't even know what version they are on! (althoug...they just need to check the About Messenger box...).
Oh, the Sknning Documentation works fine...to update to the new one just delete the old one in the main skins folder and click on the documentation link at the skins menu...i think its the same for scripts.

it is true.  i am still trying to get familiarized with all the options, features, etc.  but thank you for this Patchou.
03-21-2008 10:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dragunov

42 / Male / Flag
Once again, a marvelous job done by you
- HP Envy 17

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

betatested: Atlantis, Troopers, U2XMP, Far Cry MP

03-23-2008 11:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Almost anybody who’s been using Windows for an extended period of time knows about the “Send Error Report” window. This window popups when a program crashes and asks if you want to send additional information to Microsoft about the problem. What some of you may not realize is how precious this information can be and how useful this system is. The reports are gathered together, classified, organised and made available to the associated software developer by the Windows Quality Online Services (Winqual) team at Microsoft. For years this team has helped me improve Messenger Plus! with the reports you’ve sent. Tens and tens of important errors have been found and fixed thanks to the service they provide. I’m proud to be able to deliver a highly reliable product to my users and I wanted to point out that my job would be much more difficult sometimes if the Winqual team was not here to help. The people who work in Winqual are among the most professional people I’ve worked with at Microsoft and I just wanted to thank them for the service they provide, especially considering that most people have no idea of who they are and what they do ;-).
I'm so glad to hear that these reports do not go unnoticed. Indeed, everybody should do this (and put those paranoid and hear-says like "M$ is spying on you" aside). I've always clicked on "send reports" whenever the dialog appears and it is indeed one of the first things I do enable when installing Windows.

It is funny how many times people complain about Windows and how it crashes regulary etc, yet they also quite often don't provide such valuable reports back to MS when something does go wrong because they think "M$ is spying and gathering my precious personal info".

It isn't emphesized enough how important such a service is....

Also, for those who don't know this yet. For Windows Live Messenger there are very similar services dedicated to your precious IM client. You can active these by going to:

Tools > Options > Connections > Advanced Settings > Save a log of my server connection to help troubleshoot connection problems.
This log will be saved as msnmsgr.txt, by default in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger (XP) or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Messenger (Vista).

and:

Tools > Options > General > Allow MS to collect anonymous info about your Messenger usage

note: exact phrases my differ, I don't have the English version atm

This post was edited on 03-24-2008 at 06:13 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-24-2008 01:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.60 is out
It's true that some people unfortunatley mis-interpret those report as a desire of spying. I can tell you right now that the information that's sent (which is the information that I get on my side) is very limited and only covers the following: version of Windows, version of all the DLLs loaded in the process that crashed, and a small memory dump of the process to help find the cause of the crash (and this dump is far from being a full process memory dump so you can't even fear that the developer will get stuff like your passwords as stored in memory).

Basically, the only thing that's sent is anonymous information to help the developers fix problems in their software. And no, we don't get the IP of the source, not even the country.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-24-2008 05:28 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i am glad those reports help you out patchou, i have always clicked on "send report" when getting those errors, i do also take advantage of all of microsoft's customer experience programs ticking that option whenever i see it, didnt know about saving the server logs but now cokkierevised has pointed it out ive set that up to.
03-24-2008 08:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BlackStar

I'm one of the Good Guys!

75 / Male / –
I hade a message fro Betanews that there is a new version: 4.60.326
released 2008-05-06

I can't find anything here or elsewhere about it!
Now history logs, nothing!

No update in my own MSP!
Nothing here in the Forum.
What is going on here!!!
05-11-2008 07:41 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Version 4.60.326 is the one currently available at the download page:
quote: