What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [split] Help with About boxes

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [split] Help with About boxes
Author: Message:
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [split] Help with About boxes
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I checked it and I think you can have only one about window. Anyone else willing to check it in order to be sure? Should we ask Patchou?
I tried adding a second one and didn't really go...I don't thing it is possible...YET
@Patchou: why don't you add a "create windows" feature?? it would solve our problems...

Well...while we can create only one...lets just try to fit every little thing we need!
[Image: Empty.png]
03-21-2008 09:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [split] Help with About boxes
why would we need 2 about boxes, i had 2 developers in addition to myself and jason to credit on my skin and it all fitted nicely i even added the uk skins united logo and blessedguys logo to represent his credit in addition to the text credit.

it is a shame that the about box had to be a child template though.
03-21-2008 09:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, you can only have one about box for one language. This means that you cna create multiple copies of yoru about box with different ids to display a different box for different languages but that's it (exactly like for the preferences window).

The reason for the child templates is to make it easier for you: much less restrictions like that and you let Plus! take care of the details. This way, you avoid a lot of possible errors.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-22-2008 12:08 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The reason for the child templates is to make it easier for you: much less restrictions like that and you let Plus! take care of the details. This way, you avoid a lot of possible errors.
I don't know much about plus interfaces (just that when I edited them I !#$%&¬! with plus), but you could at least have written that we needed to use child templates...well...telling or not...

°º° PLUS 4.60 IS MARVELLOUS!! °º° :D

Oh, a question that even made me delay my next release: people with Msg Plus! 4.50 will have problems when importing skins that uses Msg 4.60 features (like about box)?
03-22-2008 12:19 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Oh, a question that even made me delay my next release: people with Msg Plus! 4.50 will have problems when importing skins that uses Msg 4.60 features (like about box)?
Yes it will, as the <SkinInfo Version="2"> will lock them out of your skin anyhow.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6546 days, 17 hours, 42 minutes, 2 seconds ago.

03-22-2008 02:12 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
well things like auto theme through the date rang you just create different resgroups for but yes if you use an about box how will that affect 4.50 users will it result in them just not being able to access it or will it prevent the skin from being imported.

if it prevents the skin from being imported then a future upgrade to resolve this is put a restrictions tag on the optioninterfaces section of skininfo that way you have one version of your skin options panel with about box button etc for your 4.6 and above users and a seperate version of the skin options panel without that button for your 4.5 users that way if they are running 4.5 that restriction group wont have any aboutids so wont prevent you from running the skin but of course this doesnt exist yet but perhaps could be a feature suggestion for maybe a small refresh that patchou could release to solve the issue.

This post was edited on 03-22-2008 at 08:15 AM by stuartbennett.
03-22-2008 08:15 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Ok...so I'll add restricticons...
Ty guys!!
03-22-2008 12:35 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Ok...so I'll add restricticons...
Ty guys!!

that will work for date range stuff but wont solve the about box problem as far as i know as restrictions dont exist in optioninterface.
03-22-2008 01:13 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
i thought about adding a restriction that would block the hole skin if there wasn't Plus! 4.60...
03-22-2008 01:21 PM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
well the issue is the Version="2" attribute prevents the skin from being loaded in anything prior to 4.60, i had a talk to patch about this before release as I wanted him to add PlusVersion restrictions in the information section of a skin (which currently does not exist) so that I could specify what versions of Plus! my skins were compatible with and yeah he said that that attribute should be enough.

If you want compatibility with both just don't add the Version="2" attribute. But make sure you haven't used any 4.60 feature on it or it will break under 4.50.

I think looking in the T&T would've saved quite a few pids :P

This post was edited on 03-22-2008 at 01:25 PM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6546 days, 17 hours, 42 minutes, 2 seconds ago.

03-22-2008 01:22 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: