What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM + voice chat = windows sound volume messed up

WLM + voice chat = windows sound volume messed up
Author: Message:
V@no

sexy

O.P. WLM + voice chat = windows sound volume messed up
Hello!
If I'm not mistaken since MSN v7.x they changed something in voice chat feature and now whenever you start voice chat your "Play control" and "Wave" windows volume control are set at the same level and almost at full and changing volume in WLM will change the volume in windows itself!!!!! (the actual name of the "devices" could be different on different soundcards).
Normally I keep my "Play control" volume between second and third bar from the bottom and "Wave" at full. After each voice chat, I have to go to playback control panel and re-set the volume. This is total BS and I'm surprised nobody b!tched about it...
Is there a patch or whatever that would prevent WLM from changing my windows' settings?

.png File Attachment: From_V@no_Screenshot_20080321_091709.png (23.6 KB)
This file has been downloaded 111 time(s).
03-21-2008 01:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM + voice chat = windows sound volume messed up
Tools > Audio/Video Setup

That allows you to change the volume of your mic and speakers that Windows Live Messenger use's. I'm not really sure what your saying. If you run through that wizard put in your desired settings that will set all audio up to that you want it to be.
No longer here.
03-21-2008 01:45 PM
V@no

sexy

O.P. RE: RE: WLM + voice chat = windows sound volume messed up
quote:
Originally posted by john-t
If you run through that wizard put in your desired settings that will set all audio up to that you want it to be.
That is exactly is my point - ALL AUDIO in the windows itself and not only in messenger.
If you look at the attached picture in above - that is how I'd like to have at all times, but if I ran the audio/video wizard, this how it will endup (see attachment below) (also note, I run the wizard for the first time and didnt change anything during its setup, just hit "next")
see the difference?

[EDIT]
Just ran the setup again, and I see little difference in the results from what I've described above: WLM doesn't move the "Play control" volume, it maximizes it, but still its moving the "Wave" volume - not acceptable.

.png File Attachment: From_V@no_Screenshot_20080321_100808.png (23.61 KB)
This file has been downloaded 115 time(s).
03-21-2008 02:14 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: