What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] Windows Aero Messenger 2.0

Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
[Release] Windows Aero Messenger 2.0
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Windows Aero Messenger 2.0
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Yes. Mess Patch and other patches' features are overwritten when skins are loaded, as the skins "call" those features back in automatically. I believe WAM has some of the same features as Mess Patch.
Correct, 90% of the features that i used on MessPatch could also be done via the skin, and polygamy has been done by Messenger Plus! Live anyway :D
...there used to be a signature here :)
04-13-2008 06:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
i love this skin, willz is a really great skin developer, i hope that one day ill be just as good as he is, i really consider him my role model. i used to use mess patch all the time before december 9th 2007 when skinning was released, quite early on during the skinning process i learned that keeping messpatch on while making skins meant i would force my messpatch settings onto my users as messpatch does alter the uifiles.

the only way around it is to extract your uifiles without messpatch installed and then make your skin so thats what i did, now in 365 i have added a lot of the things i loved from mess patch into my skins patching options however theres a few things i miss that i dont know how to do yet, i dont know how to make a signout button, well i know how tomake the button just dont have the image used by messpatch or the cmdid to make it work although blessedguy did it in his aurora live messenger so may ask him for the cmdid.

i also dont know how to connect to tabserve to use the custom tabs feature and i dont know anyone who has figured out how to do that yet and i cant simply ask mess patch team as im sure they wouldnt appreciate someone making a skin that directly competes with there software let alone help them to do it.

i hear a lot of you asking for 9.0 compatability in skins, i appreciate that you are like i used to be and have to have the latest version of messenger for the sake of having the latest version however until its released as a finished version it is doubtful that the majority of developers will support it in there skins, simple skins like beaver and steve that have a single set theme and can be easily updated to 9.0 with a second set of uifiles and a second resgroup might add it now but more complex skins like the ones willz makes and my 365 skin uses loads of resgroups and several different versions of any given uifile because of that reason making our skins 9.0 compatable is going to be no easy task so we are not going to want to do it now then find out later we have to completely redo it later for the final version, personally i will wait till 9.0 is final before makin 365 compatable with it i know it might not be a popular choice but advanced skins creators will often argue that are there skins not great enough for you to downgrade for.

anyway everyone hope you enjoy this wonderful skin which willz has made.
04-13-2008 08:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
you wont be able to get all the features of messpatch as it does more than edit uifiles, eg hex edits to the executable

oh and it doesn't make it really an easier having a 'simple' skin, certainly not in detail anyway

This post was edited on 04-13-2008 at 09:46 AM by aNILEator.
04-13-2008 09:45 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
maybe not easy but easier, i dont want all the features of messpatch, most of the features i like from messpatch i have been able to do already its just those 2 issues i mentioned that i dont know how to do fully yet but im sure ill get there eventually.
04-13-2008 11:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Andylongi

53 / Male / Flag
I just have one question, will this best Skin become updated thought i have read Williz would update it to 2.0.2. some weeks ago.
05-21-2008 02:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Shiny Rabbit

oohhh shiny

– / Male / Flag
got a little problem with MDL1.4/1.5 beta

[Image: fig1vs5.png]

not a very big problem but the big gap between the MDL button and the other buttons is kind of annoying, not sure if it can be fixed but i'm just putting it out there for you
[Image: 202-3.png][Image: shinyhachunesig.png]

05-21-2008 10:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Windows Aero Messenger 2.0
quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit
got a little problem with MDL1.4/1.5 beta

[Image: fig1vs5.png]

not a very big problem but the big gap between the MDL button and the other buttons is kind of annoying, not sure if it can be fixed but i'm just putting it out there for you

Thats the problem with other plugins, compatibility is not 100% guaranteed since their buttons are loaded by the program itself and not within UIFiles so there is nothing I can do about it. Stuffplug has issues too with the button that loads in the chat window. So yeah nothing I can do about it since the program itself decides on how things are loaded and displayed.

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
I just have one question, will this best Skin become updated thought i have read Williz would update it to 2.0.2. some weeks ago.

I know I said I would update it, but I said that I would when/if the German and Dutch translations were done. Since they weren't done I saw no reason to update just yet.
05-22-2008 12:10 AM
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
Got a little bug when loading webcam conversation. See attachment.

offtopic: lol post 333

.jpg File Attachment: WinAero_Bug.jpg (45.38 KB)
This file has been downloaded 158 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-24-2008 at 09:12 AM by SmokingCookie.
10-24-2008 09:10 AM
ovalsquare

How to recreate the theme on the right or http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wampb4.jpg

You mentioned previously the settings for the one on the left only.

Thanks!

Love the skins.

This post was edited on 10-29-2008 at 06:59 PM by ovalsquare.
10-29-2008 06:52 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: