What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!)

[Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!)
Author: Message:
phalanxii

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!)
quote:
Originally posted by effection
very very nice piece of work
Thanks. :)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
No need for an ActiveX for all of this. Just some API stuff... In fact, the ActiveXs do exactly what you already can do in Plus! by using the Windows API.

Though using this ActiveX might be the easy solution for some. So, very good and nice find though (Y)...
Would you be able to give an example of such a code (using only Plus! and the Windows API)? I'm quite interested in knowing how to do this. I didn't think it would be possible to have real-time events (when the windows messages are received), even with the new Interop.GetCallbackPtr() which only supports synchronous calls (I assume this means the calls are returned immediately).
quote:
I actually do not recommend all of this (even including the use of <OleFiles>). (I think Patchou will shoot me now :P) The reason is again that you will get into trouble when more than one script is going to use that DLL and you later install or remove even more scripts which use it.
I just experimented with this and noticed that it does cause a few problems. However, the ActiveX is not completely unregistered and the script's functionality returns to normal after restarting WLM.
quote:
As for the tabbed chat window example, I think that can be done much easier and with subclassing just 1 window. The hidden Plus! window which controls the tabs.
Hmm... I tried subclassing just the hidden Plus! window, but I wasn't sure which message needed to be detected (WM_ACTIVATE doesn't work with it). The problem is that tabs can be changed with left mouse clicks as well as ctrl+tab on the keyboard. Also, subclassing each individual conversation window makes it easier to keep track of the current conversation handle. Suggestions?

I've also updated the TabbedStatusIcon to fix a few bugs.
03-28-2008 12:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by phalanxii on 03-27-2008 at 12:05 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by effection on 03-27-2008 at 04:45 PM
RE: RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by phalanxii on 03-28-2008 at 12:47 AM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by CookieRevised on 03-27-2008 at 07:25 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by felipEx on 03-28-2008 at 05:00 AM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by phalanxii on 03-28-2008 at 07:03 AM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by CookieRevised on 03-28-2008 at 04:57 PM
RE: RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by deAd on 03-28-2008 at 06:22 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by CookieRevised on 03-28-2008 at 06:49 PM
RE: RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by deAd on 03-28-2008 at 07:20 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by Patchou on 03-28-2008 at 07:34 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by CookieRevised on 03-29-2008 at 03:56 AM
RE: RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by deAd on 03-29-2008 at 06:17 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by CookieRevised on 03-29-2008 at 07:18 PM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by riahc4 on 03-31-2008 at 12:59 AM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by phalanxii on 04-12-2008 at 12:44 AM
RE: [Resource] Subclassing ActiveXObjects (and [Release] TabbedStatusIcon too!) - by roflmao456 on 04-12-2008 at 02:13 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: