What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » PS3 or XBOX 360 ?

Pages: (37): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
PS3 or XBOX 360 ?
Author: Message:
zach

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: PS3 or XBOX 360 ?
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Actually the Xbox 360 Elite is £250-260. I would then have to buy a wireless adapter
Isn't the Elite Wi-Fi out the box?
* RaceProUK checks...

Spend £250 on a console, and it doesn't have Wi-Fi? The Wii manages Wi-Fi at £180. Hell, the DS manages it at £100.
Yeah it is pretty cheap that it doesn't have it. MS must have thought that the majority of customers wouldn't use it (which is probably true) and would rather save that extra few dollars. Instead, the customers who do need it get ripped off (RRP $100USD)! Unless they look at the less convenient alternatives offered.

You would expect it in a portable console now (DS and PSP) though because they are portable; meant to be used on the go and not restricted by wires. A console usually sits and stays in the media room which should have wired (stable) networking offered.
04-15-2008 10:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
RE: PS3 or XBOX 360 ?
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I've made a poll, vote here.

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
gold membership (£50)
$50 not £50 :P

£25-£30 cheapest, which I think is very reasonable.

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
If i'm honest with you guys, i slagged the PS3 off when i had the xbox, thinking, no way is it as good as the ps3. I even told my dad not to get one. But when i got one for christmas, i love it, and  the xbox never gets used anymore!
Yeah, I mean, how could the PS3 be as good as the ps3!
Haha :P
Ooops, my bad! Sorry :P Corrected now
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

04-15-2008 11:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Wifi or not, there is no way I would (as of the time of writing this post) trade my XBOX 360 for a PS3, there is just nothing worth playing on the PS3 IMO.
04-15-2008 11:49 AM
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
Volv, what about metal gear solid four, and what about socom confrontation? Also What about gta iv, thats worth playing on the ps3 since it came out on sony brands originally, so you know what your gonna get.  The thing is, for sony they dont need exclusive content for the ps3 version because they already know everyone will buy it and love it, its GTA, come on. Battle feild is also worth playing on the ps3, free online, same expeirence now, with the new ps store. Cod4, has map packs this week, lair, uncharted, warhawk (amazingly fun if you like adventure shooters, where you can land a plane ,do just about antyhing (tanks). ) As you can see their is alot the ps3 can do and is still untapped, but their are realy good games that you can play now, and especally in the coming summer months. When you get a jacket, or a shoe, do you get it perfect size, or maybe just a bit bigger so youll grow into it?
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
04-15-2008 11:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Firstly Steven, MGS4 and GTA IV are not yet out - I'm not a fan of either franchise (I only liked GTA 1 and Vice City), they're not really my style of game. I dont see why I would be tempted to play GTA IV on the PS3 because previous games were out on the PS2, that doesnt seem to make any sense to me :p

The number of quality exclusive games which are of my preference on the XBOX360 outweigh those on the PS3 and since gameplay of non-exclusives are virtually identical on both systems (in fact many comparison videos suggest that existing cross-platform games have better, if not the same, quality graphics on the 360), I may as well get the 360.

Fortunately I can afford to effectively pay a few dollars a month (by buying a 12 month subscription) for an online service which will maintain a high standard of quality because it brings in revenue of its own.

Lair was a huge flop (and many PS3 owners I know agree).
Uncharted - okay seems like a decent game, the PS3 would do well to have a few more games like this.
Warhawk, meh not my style at all.

This post was edited on 04-15-2008 at 12:04 PM by Volv.
04-15-2008 12:02 PM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Steven
When you get a jacket, or a shoe, do you get it perfect size, or maybe just a bit bigger so youll grow into it?
That was a good rhetorical question you used right there
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
04-15-2008 12:05 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Steven
Volv, what about metal gear solid four, and what about socom confrontation? Also What about gta iv, thats worth playing on the ps3 since it came out on sony brands originally, so you know what your gonna get.  The thing is, for sony they dont need exclusive content for the ps3 version because they already know everyone will buy it and love it, its GTA, come on. Battle feild is also worth playing on the ps3, free online, same expeirence now, with the new ps store. Cod4, has map packs this week, lair, uncharted, warhawk (amazingly fun if you like adventure shooters, where you can land a plane ,do just about antyhing (tanks). ) As you can see their is alot the ps3 can do and is still untapped, but their are realy good games that you can play now, and especally in the coming summer months. When you get a jacket, or a shoe, do you get it perfect size, or maybe just a bit bigger so youll grow into it?
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/14/poll-results-ac...pick-gta-iv-for-x/

Also, GTA IV wasn't coded for the PS3 natively, it was coded for the 360 and then ported over.
[Image: jumbled.png]
04-15-2008 12:08 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the achievement system - nobody has brought that up in the entire thread. The 360 achievement system adds (personally) many more hours on to games that I'd be done with in a few.

I spent many, many hours finishing COD4 on Veteran mode to get 1000/1000 gamerpoints - not to mention collecting all those Intel ietms :P
That system makes any game worth its salt.
04-15-2008 12:13 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
Yes, but youre all forgetting that the xbox has been out longer than the ps3. So give it some time, jeez.
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

04-15-2008 02:26 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Yes, but youre all forgetting that the xbox has been out longer than the ps3. So give it some time, jeez.
what does that have to do with anything?
[Image: jumbled.png]
04-15-2008 02:53 PM
Pages: (37): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: