What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Borders and toolbar position

Borders and toolbar position
Author: Message:
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. Borders and toolbar position
I have seen skins using different borders (more stylish) around the contact list, in the chat window and also around the boxes that the e-mail and the password is put in the Sign In window. How is this done? I tried using pictures rcimg instead of rcclr in the style files but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Edit: Anyone know how to move the toolbar in the contact list from the top to the bottom? E.g. above the advertisement

This post was edited on 04-13-2008 at 09:56 AM by Basilis.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
04-13-2008 09:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Borders and toolbar position
volv has done that in deep blue, hasn't he?
and those borders...also interested in them
[Image: Empty.png]
04-13-2008 06:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
djpeggers

me? no, surely not!

– / Male / Flag
RE: Borders and toolbar position
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I have seen skins using different borders (more stylish) around the contact list, in the chat window and also around the boxes that the e-mail and the password is put in the Sign In window. How is this done? I tried using pictures rcimg instead of rcclr in the style files but it didn't work. Any ideas?
Some of the time you will need to play with the padding on elements, for example the search box, to be able to see your image borders.

Is it not better to use rcbkd than rcimg?

For the most part you would need to change borderthickness and bordercolour (if there) to background. Thus removing borders and adding your image. In the SkinInfo file ummargins will need to be set.

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Edit: Anyone know how to move the toolbar in the contact list from the top to the bottom? E.g. above the advertisement
I attempted layoutpos=bottom on the toolbar alone and had issues, so I'm guessing it requires physical movement.
04-14-2008 02:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: