What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Change log!

Change log!
Author: Message:
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. Wink  Change log!
It was a very good improvement to skinning that Patchou added about boxes. I have an idea close to that which could be easily implemented in the same way. I think it would be useful if we could have a window for the change log. The user would click the "Change Log" button and he would see the changes made from the previous version to the current one. It would be useful because the changes made would be included there and skinners could save space as they wouldn't need to put a change log file into their skins. Finally, many people download new version and they don't see the changes made, especially when the changes are just little improvements and bug fixes. So, what do you think?
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
04-13-2008 03:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djpeggers

me? no, surely not!

– / Male / Flag
RE: Change log!
I agree with that idea, as I've included a readme file with the change log in it, so having an extra button or link would be as easy as making the about box.

People who don't care much for writing or reading changes don't need to add or view the window, and I dare say most people don't read readme's anyway.
04-14-2008 01:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
felipEx
Scripting Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
seems to be not a bad idea, but... is it necesary? you can always make a small website to show your skin's changelog and link it from your skin :)

This post was edited on 04-14-2008 at 02:46 AM by felipEx.
04-14-2008 02:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Aardvark

Waterfall! :O

32 / Male / Flag
Nothing's ever necessary, but that doesn't stop it from being a damn good idea. And an about box is one of those things - it would make things look a bit more "professional".
04-14-2008 10:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Change log!
Thanks guys. I agree with Aardvark. He is right that nothing is necessary. Those things like about boxes and change logs give us the chance to explore more exiting features of the skinning engine and I would be glad if the change log feature was going to be implemented.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
04-14-2008 02:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: