What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM Logon New Mail Info.

WLM Logon New Mail Info.
Author: Message:
Fabulist

O.P. WLM Logon New Mail Info.
Hello,i'm a new community member,so hi to all of you,and thanks to the developers for Messenger Plus. ;)

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to ask this,and yes i have searched forum/google,but i haven't found an answer,so i truly depend on you guys.

My question is pretty simple and odd i believe:

Everytime i got new e-mail unread,my logon screen (after reboot/log off) informs me about it,if i read them,they are gone.

If a friend logs in from my computer with his account and doesn't read his e-mails,my logon screen keeps informing me for new e-mails untill i manage to relogin with the old account and read the e-mails.

This happens randomly since many people access their msn through my Computer in time,so i get information about new e-mails depended from the log-ins etc.

.:: So how do i get rid of this annoyance?How do i clear the old accounts from my computer?How do i fix this? ::.

-Till now,the only solution i have found is complete unistall of Windows Live Messenger- _I have tried many things,such as clearing logs,searching the WLM options,MPL options,messing with the directory etc,but nothing_

I would be really thankfull if someone could give me an answer on this,it is really important for me to learn how to get this thing off..Plus,turning the Windows Logon New e-Mail information off,or patching my computer to jump the logon screen and open without clicking,isn't an option for me.

Thank you~ :)

This post was edited on 04-29-2008 at 05:12 PM by Fabulist.
04-29-2008 04:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM Logon New Mail Info.
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Yep, the values are still updated in the registry at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\name@email.com (valuename: MessageCount).

This way is even better than using the Messenger API as it will allow you to access the mail count updated by other mail clients in the system as well if you want.

Edit by WDZ: fixed backslashes. Blame surfi. =P
05-01-2008 02:35 PM
Fabulist

O.P. RE: RE: WLM Logon New Mail Info.
quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Yep, the values are still updated in the registry at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\name@email.com (valuename: MessageCount).

This way is even better than using the Messenger API as it will allow you to access the mail count updated by other mail clients in the system as well if you want.

Edit by WDZ: fixed backslashes. Blame surfi. =P

much appleseed,you were a great help,really..

Thank you again ;)
05-01-2008 04:55 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: