What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Brazilian translation in the program

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Brazilian translation in the program
Author: Message:
Le@ndro

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. Brazilian translation in the program
This is one more topic about the brazilian translation in the program download. But, before delete this thread, read it and please, aswer it.

When I came to this forum, I was searching for a brazilian translation to Messenger Plus! because Portugal portuguese nobody deserves. In some cases, understand the Portugal portuguese for a brazilian is dificout, isn't in all the time, but sometimes we don't understand correctly, mainly in the technology.

Brazilian portuguese have more speakers than Portugal portuguese, the number of brazilian MP!L is more than the portugueses. The diferences between brazilian portuguese and Portugal portuguese is much more than american english and british english.

And the wrost is: why MP!L have 2 translations for chinese but can't have 2 translations for portuguese.(I want the aswer for this).

So, I want to ask for to the Patchou to place the Brazilian translation in the installer of the Messenger Plus! Live. Or change the translation for the brazilian. Please!

Sorry by my english mistakes.
Le@ndro

Desculpa pros brasileiros mas eu não vou traduzir pro português porque eu tenho que ver um filme e tenho que terminar de ver a tempo de assistir CSI na Record.
05-03-2008 01:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Brazilian translation in the program
Searching is your friend.
Brazilian translation for Messenger Plus! Live - 4.60.324
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
05-03-2008 01:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Le@ndro

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Brazilian translation in the program
I don't want a brazilian translation, I want to ask for the Brazilian translation be in the installer.

And why have 2 chinese translations and can't have 2 portugueses translations?
05-03-2008 03:43 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Le@ndro
because chinese is actually different and speakers of traditional won't understand simplified... unlike two type of Portuguese or latin spanish and spain spanish.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
05-03-2008 04:15 PM
Le@ndro

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Brazilian translation in the program
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
because chinese is actually different and speakers of traditional won't understand simplified... unlike two type of Portuguese or latin spanish and spain spanish.

We can understand Portugal portuguese, but some cases no.

From portuguese Wikipedia:
"At the current moment, the Portuguese is the only language of the world occidental person said for more than one hundred million people with two official ortografias (he notices that languages as the English have prompt differences of orthography but not divergent official ortografias)"

I don't find the translation to "ortografia", but it is the way to write.

For exemple if a typical "MSN" user(they don't know the diference between MSN and MSN/Windows Live Messenger, they don't know what means MSN) see the page with the download and only have "Transferir agora" they won't find where click to download the program.

If Patchou don't want 2 versions in the program, the best thing to do is put the brazilian translation. The number of brazilian MSN users is much more than portugueses users.

And to finish I sow a people saying to make a translation group with 2 portugueses and 2 brazilians. If they do it, the translation will be stranger.

ps: Portugal have 11 milions inhabitants, Brazil have between 185 milions and 190 milions. And the number of people with acess to a computer is more than 30 milions.
05-03-2008 08:28 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
same with spanish.... there are just so many variatiosn but the translation was merged...
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
05-03-2008 10:37 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
same with spanish.... there are just so many variatiosn but the translation was merged...
But it really changes!

I can't put up with the Pt-pt translation... their vocabulary is tottally diferent.
The download example:

If a portuguese went to the site and saw "Download agora"" or 'baixe agora!" [=download now], they would think: "Are they crazy?! These words don't exist!"
If a brazilian went to the site and saw "Trasfira agora" or "Puxe agora" [=download now], they would tink: "Why does this have with buying? ("Tranferir" in Portugal means "to download", but in Brazil mans "to pay someone with bank deposit" and "trafser (money)")

Or when we go to the "Plus!" menus... we don't understand a bit of what's written! The ortographical rules are the same, the grammar rules are the same, the words meanings are not [I could stay all night long here typing examples... some of them would be funny... and some of them could cause a disaster...], and because of that, we would like Patchou to include the pt-br translation pack inside the Plus! Installer.

The Pt-pt translation also isn't fine for Plus! popularity here... because people look for the brazilian translation, and some of them get into fake website, downloading bad-purposed files, and telling that it was Plus!'s fault.

Continueing... also, don't include only one trasnlation pack, since the portuguese people would be "injuried" if only the brazilian translation was included. The best thing to do is to include both packs, remembering that the brazilian translation is already done, and it's perfect!
[also, that would make it easy for brazilian skin developers show that "Skins" [en-us], Máscaras [pt-pt] and Capas [pt-br] are the same thing]

So, Patchou... how about including it in a future release?

[oh...and please... not again with that story that the differecne between pt-pt and pt-br is the same as es-es and es-mx, or en-us and en-uk... the difference is huge... well... only 600~500 years of difference (pt-pt still the same since it was born, by 14xx [and something], and pt-br accepts words from almost every language... except for pt-pt)

This post was edited on 05-04-2008 at 12:34 AM by blessedguy.
[Image: Empty.png]
05-04-2008 12:27 AM
Le@ndro

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Brazilian translation in the program
blessedguy, você falou tudo que eu queria falar e não consegui, parabéns e muito obrigado. vamos ver se o Patchou concorda com a gente.

I agree with all the things he said.
05-04-2008 01:37 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
blessedguy, você falou tudo que eu queria falar e não consegui, parabéns e muito obrigado. vamos ver se o Patchou concorda com a gente.

I agree with all the things he said.
Thanks! / Obrigado!
[Image: Empty.png]
05-04-2008 01:43 AM
Edu115

RE: RE: Brazilian translation in the program
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
If a portuguese went to the site and saw "Download agora"" or 'baixe agora!" [=download now], they would think: "Are they crazy?! These words don't exist!"
If a brazilian went to the site and saw "Trasfira agora" or "Puxe agora" [=download now], they would tink: "Why does this have with buying? ("Tranferir" in Portugal means "to download", but in Brazil mans "to pay someone with bank deposit" and "trafser (money)")

The Pt-pt translation also isn't fine for Plus! popularity here... because people look for the brazilian translation, and some of them get into fake website, downloading bad-purposed files, and telling that it was Plus!'s fault.

Continueing... also, don't include only one trasnlation pack, since the portuguese people would be "injuried" if only the brazilian translation was included. The best thing to do is to include both packs, remembering that the brazilian translation is already done, and it's perfect!
[also, that would make it easy for brazilian skin developers show that "Skins" [en-us], Máscaras [pt-pt] and Capas [pt-br] are the same thing]

So, Patchou... how about including it in a future release?

[oh...and please... not again with that story that the differecne between pt-pt and pt-br is the same as es-es and es-mx, or en-us and en-uk... the difference is huge... well... only 600~500 years of difference (pt-pt still the same since it was born, by 14xx [and something], and pt-br accepts words from almost every language... except for pt-pt)

Your knowledge of the portuguese language amazes me. Yeah, Iberian Portuguese is the same since it was born... I think Iberian Portuguese and Latin are almost identical, really. ^o) You should read some books about it.

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.nvtc.gov/lotw/months/january/Portuguese.html

There are two main groups of dialects: those of the Iberian peninsula and those of Brazil. The differences between Iberian and Brazilian Portuguese involve pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary. For historical reasons, Portuguese varieties spoken in Africa and Asia are generally closer to those of Portugal than of Brazil. The dialects of Iberian Portuguese are better studied than those of Brazilian Portuguese. Standard Portuguese of Portugal is based on Southern dialect as spoken in the Portuguese capital Lisbon.

In addition, Portuguese has given rise to Portuguese-based creoles in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.

Another thing... We, portuguese from Portugal, understand what "Baixe agora" means, what "Download agora" means ( yeah, "Download" isn't brazilian portuguese either ). In fact, we understand almost every expression you use. For sure, you also understand the expressions we use. You can argue about this, but the truth is that Iberian Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese are similar.

Another argument you use that I really don't understand is that there are a lot of brazilian users, more than portuguese users. Wouldn't that be a proof that our translation is more than enough? If people didn't understand it, they sure wouldn't use it.

Don't forget that Portuguese isn't only used in Portugal. And i'll not even mention the huge portuguese emmigrant communities in France, Canada, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, ...
Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, São Tomé and Príncipe, East Timor are all countries whose main language ( or one of the main languages ) is Iberian Portuguese. And there's Galicia, where their language is very similar to Iberian Portuguese.

Brazilian Portuguese is used in ... Brazil.

Once again, this is something that was discussed earlier. There are some threads suggesting this. You should search first before creating a new thread.

Let me just say that I don't condemn some people wanting to create a brazilian translation for those who don't understand portuguese, or don't want to bother thinking too much about it. But that file is where it should be - here in the forum. In the future, maybe Patchou will include your file, and i'll be very happy for you. But believe me, my opinion remains.
[Image: sign.jpg]
05-04-2008 03:48 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: