What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Has a contact removed me?

Has a contact removed me?
Author: Message:
scanna

O.P. Sad  Has a contact removed me?
This is a quite tricky one I think.. I really hope someone can help me!

I opened my event viewer yesterday and it said that one of my friends logged in and their status etc., this happened a few times during the evening, but in my contact list he was offline all the time, does anyone know what that might be the reason for this?
Can this happen if anyone's got another version of msn such as "msn pecan" for example?

I fear that his might be blocking me or simply has removed me from his list?
I also know he's got 2 accounts with the same e-mail adress so he's able to switch between his laptop and the home PC...

Would be really really happy for help it bothers me a lot!!
05-21-2008 08:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Has a contact removed me?
Open the 'Contact Information' when you right click the name > MsgPlus! Features. It will say down the bottom if you are on their contact list or not.
05-21-2008 11:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
scanna

O.P. RE: Has a contact removed me?
Ok thanks! You mean right clicking on the name in my contact list so that his contact information (card) comes up and you can see it on the bottom? I've tried this and it says that I'm on his list...it's strange:/

This happened a few days ago that's why I'm suspicious...do you think it's possible he might perhaps "combine" the 2 different e-mails (one for work and private)? Now I can only see when he's online at work... perhaps I'm only on his list for this account?
He might also have switched to MSN Pecan recently...
Sorry for all confusing questions:)
05-21-2008 12:13 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Do you have a sound only signed in notification which is set by Messenger Plus! Live's Event Notifications feature for that contact?

Also Event Viewer may not always reflect the latest statuses of contacts, especially if you are on a low-signal wireless network.
05-24-2008 09:19 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
scanna

O.P. Undecided  RE: Has a contact removed me?
Hi!
Hmm I'm not sure that I understand how you mean unfortunately..:S
I can see in the event viewer when he's logged in and out but sometimes this has happened when on my list it says that he's offline..

Yesterday something really strange happened, his name all of a sudden disappeared from my list (how is that possible?) so I had to add him to my contacts again..do you think he was trying to remove himself from my contacts? Still it says that he has me on his list, can you really trust that?

05-24-2008 09:32 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by scanna
Hi!
Hmm I'm not sure that I understand how you mean unfortunately..:S
I can see in the event viewer when he's logged in and out but sometimes this has happened when on my list it says that he's offline..
Event Viewer may do such things: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=78...d=857089#pid857089
quote:
Yesterday something really strange happened, his name all of a sudden disappeared from my list (how is that possible?) so I had to add him to my contacts again..do you think he was trying to remove himself from my contacts? Still it says that he has me on his list, can you really trust that?
Messenger may do such things. Sometimes, it says in all my conversation windows that "This contact is not in your list" however they are in my list. But believe me, your contact cannot remove himself from your list remotely.
05-24-2008 11:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
Have you still not resolved this? The easy solution would be to email them or contact them another way. Would they tell you if they knew they wouldn't be able to keep in touch for a few days?
05-24-2008 11:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: