What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » is the server online using php

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
is the server online using php
Author: Message:
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
RE: is the server online using php
I think the simpler answer here is that your ISP is blocking all external requests for open ports :S... I know my ISP does that.
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
06-05-2008 04:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ipab
I think the simpler answer here is that your ISP is blocking all external requests for open ports :S... I know my ISP does that.
If that was true, grc.com would show the port stealthed.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-05-2008 06:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: is the server online using php
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:

More to the point, if that were the case you wouldn't be able to use the internet at all. All that script does is initiate a connection to the IP address, exactly how your browser would if you tried to visit a website.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
06-05-2008 10:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: is the server online using php
quote:
quote:
i have ssh set up and https set up for remotely anywhere my isp does not block ports they are just to cool, other people can listen to the shoutcast stream and everything it's just the php script doesn't reflect the fact the port is open but atm it will be closed cos the server is not running
is there a service like grc.com i could use and just return values from their page and show them in mine?

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

06-05-2008 11:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:
quote:
More to the point, if that were the case you wouldn't be able to use the internet at all. All that script does is initiate a connection to the IP address, exactly how your browser would if you tried to visit a website.
Not really: the stealthing is done on incoming traffic. Outgoing traffic is unfiltered, and replies to that are allowed through, as the local port is often well into the client port range. I usually see port numbers of 3000 or more.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-06-2008 06:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

RE: RE: is the server online using php
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:
quote:
Not really: the stealthing is done on incoming traffic. Outgoing traffic is unfiltered, and replies to that are allowed through, as the local port is often well into the client port range. I usually see port numbers of 3000 or more.

I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding. I thought the PHP script was running on his local PC and the shoutcast server elsewhere, not the other way around.

Anyway, if the shoutcast server is running on his computer, and he has the port forwarding set up and people are able to connect then there's no reason why the PHP script (which is running on his webhosting or something similar, right?) shouldn't be able to. It can be thought of as just another client.

The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
06-07-2008 02:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: is the server online using php
that's why I thought there must be a problem with the script:p hope that means something to the people who know more about php than me, thanx

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

06-07-2008 10:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: