What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Cant delete/block contact

Cant delete/block contact
Author: Message:
[B]roken.[Hearts]

O.P. Cant delete/block contact
I have a contact on my list who id like to block. However im not sure if this is an actual contact or a virus.

the contact is radar_@live.com (just incase anyone knows of a virus related to it).

When i right click the contact in my contact list it says "unblock" as if they are blocked but theres no red circle next to their name to say they are blocked. The contact does appear on my blocked list but theres no picture.

Ive tried blocking otehr contacts and all of those have worked fine (with the red circle coming up and dissapearing when i unblock them) but not with this contact.

Ive tried uninstaling and re-instaling msn and that hasnt helped.

Also when i sign into msn from other computers this contact is not on my list at all.

Can anyone help at all?

Edit: ive just realised that when i roll over contacts it says "offline" insted of "blocked" like the blocked contacts do

Edit2: Ok ive checked with my friend gets the same thing with the blocked symbol not showing up but another doesnt get it at all

And im still at a loss to find out why the contact doesnt show up when i sign into my msn account on other computers.

Edit 3: I tried deleting the contact on another computer and they deleted fine. But as soon as i came back onto this computer the contact was back again on my contacts list.

This post was edited on 06-21-2008 at 10:54 PM by [B]roken.[Hearts].
06-21-2008 09:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Shezi

...Feel tHe cHanGe...

39 / Male / –
RE: Cant block contact
try to readd the contact. (delete that contact from messenger list and readd it)
[Image: bubble7nx.jpg]
06-21-2008 09:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
[B]roken.[Hearts]

O.P. RE: Cant block contact
tried that. same thing happens. the contact gets re-added but the blocked sign still doesnt come up. Altho it says when i right click the contact is blocked.

And im still at a loss to find out why the contact doesnt show up when i sign into my msn account on other computers.

Edit 2: I tried deleting the contact on another computer and they deleted fine. But as soon as i came back onto this computer the contact was back again on my contacts list.

This post was edited on 06-21-2008 at 10:54 PM by [B]roken.[Hearts].
06-21-2008 10:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: