What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [suggestion] Why not make colored underline?

[suggestion] Why not make colored underline?
Author: Message:
Reenan

Proud to be Brazilian

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. [suggestion] Why not make colored underline?
Well, thats my idea. Instead color underline with text color, make underline color independent. eg: my name in red and underline in blue;
( i think it would be something like this: [c=4][u=2]my messenger name here[/u][/c] )

well, thats it. ^^
all the best.
[Image: 57694.png]
07-18-2008 06:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Adeptus

RE: [suggestion] Why not make colored underline?
It's a nice idea and sounds simple -- but it's not simple at all.

The standard underline is a font decoration.  The program asks Windows to draw text using specified font, color and with or without underline.  The program can then forget all about the underline and Windows will do all the work -- positioning the underline correctly, figuring out exact widths of variably spaced characters, not underlining spaces and punctuation, and so forth. 

Unfortunately, this facility treats the underline as part of the font and draws it in the same color.  The only way to get a colored underline is to draw it yourself, which requires doing all of the above yourself too, making it a pretty complex task. 

In case of Plus! it may be an impossible task, as the text is most likely drawn by code in Messenger itself.
07-19-2008 04:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Reenan

Proud to be Brazilian

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [suggestion] Why not make colored underline?
So, get your point.  Well, i don't want to be a bit imprudent, but there isn't anyway to make it? well, when i read your post, i thought something like this: let Windows do all dirty work, like draw underline at correct position, things like this. then, colorize only the drawed underline. well, i know that for me can sounds simple because i don't understand much of programing languages. is isn't anyway to do this, at least i've suggested ;D thanks for the answer, Adeptus.
[Image: 57694.png]
07-26-2008 09:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [suggestion] Why not make colored underline?
I confirm what Adeptus said. It's not something that Messenger Plus! can do unfortuantely. Thanks for the suggestion though :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-26-2008 11:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: