What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Deleted contacts script

Deleted contacts script
Author: Message:
DisasterPiece

O.P. Deleted contacts script
Alright, I recently had my msn account hijacked and they happened to delete&block all my contacts I know that I can add each one out of the 200+ contacts I have via Tools->Options.. -> Privacy.

However I'd rather make a script to do this for me, or at least place them into a txt file in the format of how you'd save your contacts (*.ctt) for example

code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<messenger>
  <service name=".NET Messenger Service">
    <contactlist>

<contact type="1">bob@hotmail.com</contact>

</contactlist>
  </service>
</messenger>

so if anyone could assist me on this, or at least tell me how to place them into an array.

Thank you - James.

This post was edited on 07-20-2008 at 06:01 PM by DisasterPiece.
07-20-2008 06:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Deleted contacts script
If its just to save time adding then it shouldnt need a script at all.  Just use the contact list clean-up.  If you show the contacts that have you then you should be able to just highlight all and add to list.  Of course this does mean thats you'll only get contacts that have you, and not ones that you had and dont have you, but its a good start.
[Image: adsig.jpg]
07-20-2008 06:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Deleted contacts script
quote:
Originally posted by DisasterPiece
Alright, I recently had my msn account hijacked and they happened to delete&block all my contacts I know that I can add each one out of the 200+ contacts I have via Tools->Options.. -> Privacy.

However I'd rather make a script to do this for me, or at least place them into a txt file in the format of how you'd save your contacts (*.ctt) for example

so if anyone could assist me on this, or at least tell me how to place them into an array.
And where do you want to retrieve those contacts from in the first place? :p  You would still need to enter them one by one, by hand.

With Plus! scripting you can only retrieve the contacts which are in your contact list. Since those are deleted, Plus! wont be able to automatically retreive any of them and so you need to enter them yourself anyways.

----------------------

Instead, do as Leroux suggested: open the Contact List Clean-Up window and add the contacts from there.

Plus! > Contact List Clean-Up > Show contacts who have you > Select all contacts > Add to list

[Image: attachment.php?pid=918155]

.png File Attachment: Image4.png (53.91 KB)
This file has been downloaded 169 time(s).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-21-2008 09:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: