What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [suggestion] Event Notifications

[suggestion] Event Notifications
Author: Message:
alister

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. [suggestion] Event Notifications
Well i was looking at messenger discovery lives notifications it can display to people under certain events and was thinking it would be good if messenger plus event notifications

had the ability to display peoples display pictures in the notifications like discovery live does because if you have say alot of people and a fair few event notifications turned on for all users in your list and cant remember who they all are

it only shows you names of what user changed what in the toasts so i was thinking with display pics in thos toasts aswell would make it alot easyer to no who it was refering to

you no if you have a big enough list and all notifications on for everyone i think this would help alot

dunno what anyone else thinks about this just was somthing i was thinking about tho
[Image: darkownagel.jpg]

08-09-2008 02:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [suggestion] Event Notifications
Thank you alister for your suggestion. In fact, adding the ability of display pictures in Messenger Plus!-generated toasts is already in internal discussion.

Anyways, thank you for your input! It is very good to get feedback from our users so the software can add exactly the functions that most people ask for.
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
08-09-2008 06:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
alister

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [suggestion] Event Notifications
yeah no problems i was thinking it would make sense the toasts should have pics in them

yeah nah of course without peoples suggestions it wouldnt go as far well least i no its been considered to be done now so thanks

08-10-2008 09:02 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [suggestion] Event Notifications
A problem with displaying the pictures is that the pictures must come from somewhere. That somewhere is Messenger itself. The problem here is that Messenger does not update the display pictures until it needs them itself.

So, when Plus! shows an event toast, the only display picture that Plus! can show is the display picture as it was stored before, not the current display picture.

In other words, it might be that the display pictures shown in Plus! event toasts are not the most up-to-date ones.

Would that be a problem?

(and also, if display pictures are shown, there is far less space to put the actual text/description of the event, which might be a big problem for certain languages)

This post was edited on 08-11-2008 at 05:11 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-11-2008 05:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
alister

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [suggestion] Event Notifications
yeah i see what your saying i think you mean you mean somthing like messenger itself doesnt update somthing unless it needs to

so it mite have the last update of an old pic you were using even if you have a newer pic as it hasnt updated some type of information yet possibly

and i think your saying plus looks at that information so depending on weather the info had been updated by messenger yet it may display an older display pic

well if you ask me a display pics a display pic its the persons pic they have had up so i dont think it really should matter that much not at all really

look at it this way that and the same concept of talking to somone on msn and seeing them change pics its not a big deal so i dont think it would matter much

tho just a thought i had that script dp get i think it is under certain intervals based on how often it checks saves contacts current display pics

now i dont no anything about coding or anything but would it be possible to have some kinda feature with a concept from that script

but whenever messenger is gonna display a toast it checks the current pics and saves them into some temp folder and reads of that temp folder

so when its gonna display a toast it feeds the pics in the toasts from the temp folder its saved the current contacts pics to if you understand my idea

again im just realiseing this probobly could cause major lagg issues and to much of it going on would slow messenger maybe

dunno just an idea maybe youl think of somthing else from it

either way i dont think the older display pics in toasts are a issue at all

08-11-2008 12:11 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: