What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 9 (2009) (14.0.3921.717)

Pages: (10): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 » Last »
1 votes - 1 average   Windows Live Messenger 9 (2009) (14.0.3921.717)
Author: Message:
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9 (2009) (14.0.3921.717)
Er.... i thought beta testers agreed to some ToS/NDA/agreement about information? when i was in the live beta, i am sure i agreed to some terms that i never read....

this is exactly why i don't like you nathan

This post was edited on 08-24-2008 at 10:24 PM by Voldemort.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
08-24-2008 10:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
this is exactly why i don't like you nathan
I don't know if that is a joke or what, but the whole "this is exactly why..." thats a very global reason. I've made a mistake - is that why you don't like me?

Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

08-24-2008 10:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
I downloaded it, installed it and tried it out. I dislike the feel of it. The contact list could have been designed so much better with little extra effort IMO. The chat window was nicely done though and can't wait to see what designs they come up with in future builds.

For all you chumps out there that are going to have a sad at me, yes I have uninstalled it, no I didn't send it to anyone, no I didn't put it on my blog or website and no I did not set up a small kiosk down at the local markets selling the lastest and greatest leaked software for $1.99. Also Cookie while you are telling all the members how aweful they are for linking to sites that have these screenshots, you may want to have a go at Rebel Sean as well for mentioning that JCXP site. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have went there and even bothered installing the application. He is a "Butterfly" after all and should be more discreet on the subject.
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
08-24-2008 11:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Also Cookie while you are telling all the members how aweful they are for linking to sites that have these screenshots, you may want to have a go at Rebel Sean as well for mentioning that JCXP site. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have went there and even bothered installing the application. He is a "Butterfly" after all and should be more discreet on the subject.
Very true indeed, and I missed that... Then again, there sure are many others who do/did such stuff, as such, my opinion and points I was trying to make go for them too of course, no exception.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-24-2008 11:19 PM
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9 (2009) (14.0.3921.717)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Also Cookie while you are telling all the members how aweful they are for linking to sites that have these screenshots, you may want to have a go at Rebel Sean as well for mentioning that JCXP site. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have went there and even bothered installing the application. He is a "Butterfly" after all and should be more discreet on the subject.
Very true indeed, and I missed that... Then again, there sure are many others who do/did such stuff, as such, my opinion and points I was trying to make go for them too of course, no exception.

It's ok. I completely understand your point of view, no one is perfect :P
08-24-2008 11:32 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger 9 (2009) (14.0.3921.717)
Cookie Its just a program (not even made by you or a company that you work for)

Relax...Everything on the internet nowadays gets leaked so don't lose sleep over it.

That being said, I believe Microsoft has blocked signing in to the new build for non official beta testers.
08-24-2008 11:34 PM
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9 (2009) (14.0.3921.717)
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4

Relax...Everything on the internet nowadays gets leaked so don't lose sleep over it.

That being said, I believe Microsoft has blocked signing in to the new build for non official beta testers.
That's what I had thought to till I installed it. It would be a smart idea though.
08-24-2008 11:47 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger 9 (2009) (14.0.3921.717)
quote:
quote:

That's what I had thought to till I installed it. It would be a smart idea though.

Sign out then sign in again.
08-24-2008 11:55 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Sure, and that justifies everything now does it? Everything gets hacked these days, so lets just hack all of your accounts.

Read the small print, plus know the fact that genuine testers are punished because of all this since MS will trust them less and less and wants to minimize the risk more and more, and thus wont let genuine testers have so much access to stuff or inside information anymore.

Which in the end results in having less time to find and report bugs in the wild, which on its turn means a less 'stable' client for _you_ to use!!! In essence you're not only punishing all of the butterflies, mvp's and other genuine testers, but you're also punishing yourself by seriously tampering with the proper and normal development of the program if you leak stuff or link to leaked stuff. Good job by being so shortsighted in that case...

If nobody would leak stuff, then there would be a whole lot more private betas you could get in to as there would be far more chances any person would be accepted in to a private beta (eg: you, or anyone else who wants to get in to a private beta but isn't accepted now for whatever reason).

This post was edited on 08-25-2008 at 12:26 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-25-2008 12:07 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
I got a question if there is so much argument going over using a leaked beta then why is this thread even still open?

This is going to go for ages about people trying to justify why they can use a leaked beta.
08-25-2008 12:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (10): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: