What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » OKAY WHT THE ****?! Can ANYBODY help me here?

OKAY WHT THE ****?! Can ANYBODY help me here?
Author: Message:
zabrak

O.P. OKAY WHT THE ****?! Can ANYBODY help me here?
Okay this is ******* weird. I contact the microsoft windows live messenger support team. They send me an e-mail, yadda yadda, right? Well when I send my reply back to them, I get this bull****:

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

mssgr.wnlv.na.us.en.msf.sea.ts.t01.rtg.00.em@css.one.microsoft.com"

W...T...F??? :S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S
08-17-2008 06:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
RE: OKAY WHT THE ****?! Can ANYBODY help me here?
Have you tried again?

They probrably left a link in the email on how to contact them again (via a form with a case ID etc).

If not i don't know :)
No longer here.
08-17-2008 06:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
Well.. If your email to Microsoft was written anything like your post, help will be unlikely.

I'm sure if you are able to explain your problem here, this community would be more then willing to help you.
08-17-2008 07:06 PM
zabrak

O.P. RE: OKAY WHT THE ****?! Can ANYBODY help me here?
It's the weirdest thing. We were exchanging e-mails for quite a while, trying to resolve previous issues. Now I have yet another problem and now I get that odd error when I try to respond? I've tried this three times and get the same error EVERY time. :@
08-17-2008 07:45 PM
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
did you reply to the same e-mail address you send your first replies to?
08-17-2008 08:31 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
That notification means the email was never sent. And by looking at the email address, it is fake.
08-17-2008 10:00 PM
zabrak

O.P. RE: RE: OKAY WHT THE ****?! Can ANYBODY help me here?
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
did you reply to the same e-mail address you send your first replies to?

Yes. All I did was click the 'reply' button in those e-mails. Lol. does anybody know microsoft's phone number or something?

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
That notification means the email was never sent. And by looking at the email address, it is fake.

well wtf? how can I reply to their e-mail? Does anybody know their phone number? :@
08-17-2008 10:00 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by john-t
They probrably left a link in the email on how to contact them again (via a form with a case ID etc).
No they don't. The email you can reply to (for that specific case) is the address they send you the email from.

quote:
the email is not fake. They are uniquely created emails which give them the ability to track and follow the email 'conversation'. It is a kind of a tracking number on its own.

--------------

As such, Zabrak (or anyone for that matter), it is a bad idea to publish the email on a forum! If you do that they will close that email address for sure to prevent their system from getting spam...

Also, you said you got another problem (but only after some email traffic with them I assume). So, before you got that second problem, did you by any chance replied that the first problem was fixed? If so, they will close the email as they will obvioulsy think the issue is solved. You need to open a new ticket/case for the new problem in that case. Of course you can (read: best practice/you must) refer to the previous ticket number so they can look up what was done before, etc.

And, make sure you reply to the _last_ email you received. Don't reply to the first one each time. Quite often they forward emails to other (more specialized) people and close the current 'tracking' email address. Those other (specialized) people will open a new 'tracking' email which you should use to reply upon.

If nothing works, simply mail back using the online support form again (without swearing and in a polite way!!). But make sure you include the ticket/case number you got when you first used the online form though.

This post was edited on 08-17-2008 at 10:49 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-17-2008 10:31 PM
zabrak

O.P. RE: RE: OKAY WHT THE ****?! Can ANYBODY help me here?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by john-t
No they don't. The email you can reply to (for that specific case) is the address they send you the email from.

quote:
the email is not fake. They are uniquely created emails which give them the ability to track and follow the email 'conversation'. It is a kind of a tracking number on its own.

--------------

As such, Zabrak (or anyone for that matter), it is a bad idea to publish the email on a forum! If you do that they will close that email address for sure to prevent their system from getting spam...

Also, you said you got another problem (but only after some email traffic with them I assume). So, before you got that second problem, did you by any chance replied that the first problem was fixed? If so, they will close the email as they will obvioulsy think the issue is solved. You need to open a new ticket/case for the new problem in that case. Of course you can (read: best practice/you must) refer to the previous ticket number so they can look up what was done before, etc.

And, make sure you reply to the _last_ email you received. Don't reply to the first one each time. Quite often they forward emails to other (more specialized) people and close the current 'tracking' email address. Those other (specialized) people will open a new 'tracking' email which you should use to reply upon.

If nothing works, simply mail back using the online support form again (without swearing and in a polite way!!). But make sure you include the ticket/case number you got when you first used the online form though.

I apologize for the anger. By you know you probably know all the crap loads of errors I've been getting lately. SO the anger just kind of culminated into that.

Anyway I sent them another e-mail and I got another error. So sorry waht did you want? did you watn me to post my ticket number? If so it's 1076290477

08-18-2008 01:56 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Nah, the ticket numbers are of no use here...

I meant if you make a new report using the online support form (instead of mailing them back), then include the ticket number from your first report in the new report so they can see what you tried before.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-18-2008 06:07 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: