What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » What do you think of the ''Twilight'' saga?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
What do you think of the ''Twilight'' saga?
Author: Message:
WildestHeart

– / Female / –
RE: What do you think of the ''Twilight'' saga?
Now, why don't I believe you? :]
Haha, I just think the whole "Oh, he loves me but he can't get too close because I'm too much of a temptation for him, forbidden love, how romantic" (I almost typed forbitten, that would be ironic!) kind of thing is a little too girly for my taste.
Bloody Jack is better, at least in my opinion.
[Image: a5ki3c.jpg]
08-25-2008 05:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
i love twilight! i know i missed the band wagon when it first arrived but it's come around again with this last book and i hopped on!
i'm only on the third book now, but it's sooo good :) Jacob just kissed Bella and i wanna pa-uke! hahah.

what can i say? you get really into them! for a girl anyway...
but when you explain the book, of course it sounds stupid. and when they mention "my best friend is a werewolf" and "my vampire boyfriend" in the book it just takes you away from the actual story and you're like - why am i reading this crappola? right? cause it sounds lame! but i think it's well written enough that it keeps you reading. she's written it so you connect with the charcters so you get really into the book! i dont read harry potter and all those crap ass books. this is just my type. a bit of reality mixed with the holysmokesvampiresandwerewolves! a girl graduating highschool just relates to me more than witches going to a fake school. :^) and harry potter is so OLD anyway :p moove on haha :)

wee. actually. gonna go read!

edit: AND oh yeah!! since harry potter wanted to wait for the summer now to release the movie (even though transformers 2 is coming out - WHAT ARE YOU THINKING RIGHT) that means twilight has moved up to november! guess whos excited!! :)

This post was edited on 08-26-2008 at 05:45 AM by marissa.
08-26-2008 05:43 AM
WildestHeart

– / Female / –
I will probably change my mind on the whole matter of the books after I read them and will want to take back all my words about them being too girly and whatnot. I'm easily entertained and easily pleased. I just haven't read them yet because my sister's too protective of her collection :] And yeah, I never read the Harry Potter books either, I just watch the movies whenever they come on television (though I do really enjoy the movies!).

Who knows, maybe this forbitten love will be my new favorite obsession! :]
But Bloody Jack will always have a place in my heart. Has anyone else ever heard of those? They're fantastic! The first few are a little hard because of age difference between myself and the character, but she grows up throughout the books so the distance isn't anything terrible by the third (and even with the difference, they're really enjoyable stories, you can't help but fall in love with little Mary Jacky Faber and root for her and her friends on her crazy adventures. Honestly, I wish I was her sometimes!).
[Image: a5ki3c.jpg]
08-28-2008 02:12 AM
NeSsiKa

OMFG. I LOVE IT! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO SEE THE MOVIE IN NOV.!!! <3
10-03-2008 12:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user44571
Disabled Account

If you hand me a match, I'll show you what I think of Twilight.
10-04-2008 02:53 PM
Rockstar

TWILIGHT IS THE SHMEX! <333
10-10-2008 05:28 PM
Rockstar

arent some people here too old too like twilight?
Edward Cullen prefers brunettes.
10-11-2008 03:18 AM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by Rockstar
arent some people here too old too like twilight?
age has nothing to do with it. you grow with the books i guess. i read twilight this year and i related it to myself a few years ago, but in breaking dawn as the main characters age i can still relate it to me now.

people from 11 to friggin grandmas read this series. it's not like we're reading a childrens book
10-11-2008 07:12 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: