What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » What do you think of the ''Twilight'' saga?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
What do you think of the ''Twilight'' saga?
Author: Message:
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: What do you think of the ''Twilight'' saga?
A friend of mine got on messenger the other day and was talking about this very same series. I had quite a laugh when she pulled the argument of it being as big as HP.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
08-19-2008 12:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
I was reading a bunch of hilarious arguments yesterday for it being bigger than HP. Things like how Stephenie Meyer released all books in 2-3 years, whereas it took JKR way longer than that to release all the HP series. Another argument was that Stephenie Meyer uses "he exclaimed", "she murmured", "she yelled", "he screamed" for speech whilst JKR uses "he said", "she said" for a lot of the speech. In my opinion, JKR only needs to use "he said", "she said" because the way it's being said comes across in the way the speech is written.

Anyway, I've not read the books through. I was a little interested when I heard about them and checked out the plot on Wiki, and it didn't catch my attention. Then I kept reading everywhere "I love Edward Cullen", "I'm gonna marry Edward Cullen", "Edward Cullen is my husband" and then all the arguments that ensue over that and I just thought okay, seriously?

I've read snippets, taster chapters and whatever, and to be quite honest, I've seen better written fanfictions. The plot, to me, is just boring and the writing isn't that good.
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
08-19-2008 08:33 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

when I was young I used to read The Saga of Darren Shan which I found to be really good (at that age). I never got around to finishing all the books though, I had the first three books in paper form and I read about 3 more that I downloaded, but then for some reason stopped reading halfway through one of them and never really read any more, which is a shame.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
08-19-2008 08:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KazLuvsTwilight

Do I Dazzle You?

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: What do you think of the ''Twilight'' saga?
my sister has read the Darren Shan saga and she enjoyed it. I read one of his books and thought that it was a very interesting read.
When all the other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers, I kind of wanted be a Vampire.

08-19-2008 10:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
when I was young I used to read The Saga of Darren Shan which I found to be really good (at that age). I never got around to finishing all the books though, I had the first three books in paper form and I read about 3 more that I downloaded, but then for some reason stopped reading halfway through one of them and never really read any more, which is a shame.

Good books, read them all (They do seem to "recap" previous books quite a bit though). The other series of books he's releasing are supposedly quite good (according to my ex)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-19-2008 01:10 PM
Coastie

Basically Amazing

34 / Male / Flag
Easily one of the best series i have ever read...but i have to admit i just got back from being out to sea for 2 months so i havent had a chance to get the latest in the series...but i love the first three, it was one of those things where i just couldnt put the books down til i was done...my parents like that i read and all, but they hate when i get like that cause i used to lock myself in my room all day til i was done with one book, then grab the next in the series and do it again...haha

but yes

amazing books

highly reccomend them for anyone that likes vamps! haha
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
08-22-2008 06:24 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
Decided to look into this on monday when I was supposed to be buying Uni books (well I did that too :p) and have to say, after reading the first chapter of the first book...it didn't enthral me at all, and to be honest I don't see what the fuss is about.

Seen the trailer for the film too and it just looks like something you would see on the TV.

Nope, give me a Torchwood/Doctor Who tie in any day (especially if it happens to be read by John Barrowman :drool:) Or a Transformers book just so I can admire the artwork :p (even though I've probably previewed it on dA)

* Vazza goes back to reading Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul: Second Dose

This post was edited on 08-23-2008 at 11:31 PM by Vazza.
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7237 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes, 6 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
08-23-2008 11:31 PM
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
I've heard about the books...and it's not for me :P
I may wach the movie and hope it's better than the book...
Also if you want to read it: http://shinga.livejournal.com/478415.html pretty funny version :zippy:
08-25-2008 10:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
WildestHeart

– / Female / –
Coastie, I do the same thing. If i have a book I'm super into, I'll read all day long until I finish it or pass out from fatigue :]

I haven't read the Twilight series yet, but my sister adores them. I'll probably check them out if I can ever borrow them from her. Everyone that reads them seems to like them really well.

A little random, but another series that I've really enjoyed is the Bloody Jack Series by L.A. Meyer. It has a good adventurous story line and isn't quite as girly as the Twilight series seems to be.
[Image: a5ki3c.jpg]
08-25-2008 05:09 PM
Coastie

Basically Amazing

34 / Male / Flag
HEY! Vampires and werewolves are not girly! Twilight rocks!

i'm not gay, i promise

lol
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
08-25-2008 05:12 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: