What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
[Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
After looking through the posts here, i have also noticed some things they pointed out that i would like to see :)

1. The status picture returning to the top left of each conversation window.
2. I really do not like the font, i think you would be better off with a more rounded one? But thats only my opinion.
3. And I am having the same problems with the tabs here also.

Thanks! :)
...there used to be a signature here :)
08-20-2008 12:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
OK i'll review whats been said here and in other places.

First off the bug with the preferences window is now fixed. I'll send Menthix an update later today.

Now to address stuff one by one since last night:

ok here goes :P

@Andylongi

The display picture in the top left corner of the contact list is something that I was mucking around with for a long time. The original plan was to make the display picture smaller and have the setting to be able to enable or disable it.

That part of the contact list relies 100% on the fact that its height does not change, otherwise it will cause all the tiling patterns to go fully out of whack. Yes there are tiling images, and because wlm can't define tile margins I had to do a cheap hack to make it seem like it works.

But its not that bad of a thing since most people spend their time in the chat window more than anything else. I wouldn't exactly sit there and stare blankly at a contact list going "ooh look how cool my dp looks". So to me losing the dp there isn't a big deal because most of the time your dp actions are done whilst in a chat (at least with me anyway).

@Shiny Rabbit

Ok I will have a talk with Matt to see how to get this all working again. Give me a day or two. If you notice anything else missing please let me know.

@AndyLongi (again)

The chat tabs text color is something that I would change If I could. Unfortunately you can't actually change the text color of a lot of things in Messenger Plus! and its something I have been complaining about for quite some time now. So if you want a fix then just demand Patchou add it :P

You can always edit the tab colors in the skininfo to something lighter, but I found anything lighter than that just doesn't blend as well as it could.

@Nanafreak.

Again this is an issue with being able to edit the color of certain text in Plus. Because I couldn't change this to something other than black I removed it. Even if I would have left it in it would not have been readable (at least in infusco). So I would have rather people know I did something rather than think I forgot to change it.

@Chris4

Its ok to criticize, everyone has their own tastes in things so its always good to hear what other people think just so you can try different design decisions in future. Again I know I won't be pleasing everyone so yeah.

@Eddie

#1 I could re-add if people wanted to, its just one more option I have to add to an already crowded options panel so I am not sure if I can even fit it in or not.

#2 The font was picked on the basis of having the largest range of special characters. I went with Arial Rounded which is a system font so I know there is a lot of special characters for it. I could have easily gone with a more rounded, smoother font, but then people would complain that more than half of their contacts names weren't showing. Ideally I would have liked to go with a more rounded font, but I would need to find one with good character support first.

It might be changed in future versions should I find one that's suitable.

#3 see above.

Ok, that should about cover it for now :P

This post was edited on 08-20-2008 at 01:59 AM by Willz.
08-20-2008 01:46 AM
razor5070

36 / Male / –
This is byfar my favorite skin, well the only skin i will probably ever use.

Just one tiny thing, how do i get rid of the ads? i can't stand them.
[Image: razSig10.png]
08-20-2008 01:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
Just out of interest..... how many people would be interested in this? :

[Image: preview.jpg]

and yes that is a screenshot.

This post was edited on 08-20-2008 at 03:10 AM by Willz.
08-20-2008 03:09 AM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
What's that for?
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

08-20-2008 03:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
A skin for an app called cd art display, its becoming fairly popular in the desktop customization side of things. It used to be only for winamp offering an alternate skin mode that displayed album art but now they have expanded into being compatible with just about every other major media player.

Pretty much you just point it to the media player you want to use and away you go. Its a nice little app considering it is very easy to skin and it supports transparency and aero blurring.

This post was edited on 08-20-2008 at 03:45 AM by Willz.
08-20-2008 03:44 AM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Just out of interest..... how many people would be interested in this? :

[Image: preview.jpg]

and yes that is a screenshot.
yes i would use that skin, so long asa there is the white version as well ;o
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
08-20-2008 06:07 AM
morphine{luv}Cory

Shut the fuck up, punk.

34 / Female / Flag
Hi! I was wondering if both the skins can be made also for version 9.0? I like the 'Infusco' skin very much but I noticed it's only for verson 8.5. So I suggest the skins be made for version 9.0 as well.
08-20-2008 06:21 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Phunk'n - Infusco and Niveus
quote:
Originally posted by morphine{luv}Cory
Hi! I was wondering if both the skins can be made also for version 9.0? I like the 'Infusco' skin very much but I noticed it's only for verson 8.5. So I suggest the skins be made for version 9.0 as well.

There will be no wlm 9.0 version because that version is beta software. For every new version of the beta that comes out it means the skin has to be started again from scratch. It is not worth the effort especially since a new version of the beta is due soon.

Plus that nobody is supposed to have wlm 9 except testers so I will not be supporting a leak.
08-20-2008 06:43 AM
zach

33 / Male / Flag
Any purple, red or blue monkeys?
08-20-2008 08:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version