What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
Author: Message:
SmokingCookie

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
I'm workin' on it :P

PS I'll try to use languages as well, using a brand new system. I'll do Dutch and English myself. You've said you use a Spanish version of WLM.. Perhaps you can do a Spanish translation?

EDIT::

I need to ask you one more question:

Do you explicitly want the script to run on XP and Vista, or just Vista?

This post was edited on 08-24-2008 at 08:12 AM by SmokingCookie.
08-24-2008 07:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Gerardo

O.P. RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
Thanks for doing this :D.

I didn't know that the operative system made a diference, actually I only use Windows XP.

I'm glad you haven't finished it, I had a little idea this morning and I don't know if it's too complicated or even possible... Is it possible that the rotation list of PMs include the show what i'm listening as one of the options?

I currently have the show what I'm listening option deactivated so I can show my PM, but I think it would be really cool if it was possible to show both.

What do you think?

This post was edited on 08-24-2008 at 10:57 PM by Gerardo.
08-24-2008 10:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
quote:
Originally posted by Gerardo
Is it possible that the rotation list of PMs include the show what i'm listening as one of the options?

You can set the PSM to the now playing (text is shown as a link etc) with a choice of 3 icons (Games, Office and Music). The link still takes you to msn music however.

Also, the operating system really shouldn't make a difference at all to the script. It's a simple script that relies on MsgPlus' native code (mostly)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-25-2008 12:30 AM
SmokingCookie

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Also, the operating system really shouldn't make a difference at all to the script. It's a simple script that relies on MsgPlus' native code (mostly)

Well, if I would have used my Command line control (A button style introduced in Vista) class, it would have.

I'll now try to move on to the TabControl..
08-25-2008 07:14 PM
Gerardo

O.P. RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
Hey SmokingCookie :D. You didn't answer my question about including the "Now Playing" within the PM list.

Do you think its possible :)?
08-25-2008 10:36 PM
SmokingCookie

29 / Male / Flag
:wall:

It is possible, as I've seen some scripts doing so.

I should tell you though, now that school has begun again, I get to do much homework, slowing the development. Well, I don't think very badly, but still: development won't be as quick as during the holidays..

This post was edited on 08-27-2008 at 05:37 PM by SmokingCookie.
08-26-2008 04:47 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie

Well, if I would have used my Command line control (A button style introduced in Vista) class, it would have.

I'll now try to move on to the TabControl..

Just a tip:
It's probably best to use techniques available in all target OS'. For example, MP!L runs on a minimum of XP, so only use things that are available from XP onwards. If something is depreciated in VISTA for example, the new method should be available in XP anyway else you will have to do some OS detection
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-26-2008 07:53 PM
Gerardo

Ok, thanks for the heads up :)

Well I am very excited waiting for the script, but I know this is a favor your doing for someone that doesn't have your knowledge or skills in scripting, so I don't have a problem with waiting :)

Thank you for your help SC
08-26-2008 07:54 PM
SmokingCookie

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname
quote:
Originally posted by Gerardo
Ok, thanks for the heads up :)

Well I am very excited waiting for the script, but I know this is a favor your doing for someone that doesn't have your knowledge or skills in scripting, so I don't have a problem with waiting :)

Thank you for your help SC

Good :P

Anyhow, I'll have some time to work on it now, so I'll try to do something useful :P

EDIT::

Well, at last I got my very own and new language system working, so I'll have no more complications (I hope).

This post was edited on 09-07-2008 at 07:37 PM by SmokingCookie.
09-06-2008 03:10 PM
Gerardo

THAT'S EXCELLENT :D!
09-09-2008 04:06 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: