What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 9.0

Pages: (8): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 9.0
Author: Message:
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0
note to everyone: use whatever the hell build you want, but bugs are your own problem -- not ours, not microsoft's.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
08-24-2008 01:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
ermmm......

Yes, a new 9.0 Beta is going to be passed to a select few testers. If the guys here (Music Head, RamGuy) are in that group, then no, they wont held up development.

But ANYONE who is not an official beta tester and DID NOT got the (new) beta via the official channels, or ANYONE who leaks a private beta, DOES hold up development like explained by SpunkyLoveMuff.

Also, Music Head, the point of internal betas is quite often to test some specific stuff under special conditions. Those conditions and test cases are explained in the communication from MS. If you use something you shouldn't be using you don't have access to those notes, remarks and test cases. And that could cause problems to those who are trying to test stuff properly.

Not to mention the very simple fact that if you leak stuff or are using leaked stuff, MS will be less and less generous to those who can keep things to themselfs, just to minimize the chance that someone is cheating. So you actually are punishing the official testers and making it harder and harder for them to test your precious IM client. aka: less bugs and issues are found in the wild, not more!.

But, RamGuy, being a beta tester (and especially if you are in the first batch of testers who have the previledge to test this new version out as first) is not about simply 'having' a new version and then almost demanding that everything else is compatible with it. The point of getting the beta is to test it out, without any addons! Things will still change a lot till it is released, so it is useless to make stuff compatible just because you 'need' it with this version. That is totally not what being a tester is about.

just MHO...

As said by RebelSean, Plus! will not be made 100% compatible with an internal private beta. Unless the compatibility changes would be extremely simple to do.

This post was edited on 08-24-2008 at 02:54 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-24-2008 01:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
If they were official beta testers then they'd understand add-ons can not be expected to work with it. They'd also understand that those add-on authors might not even have access to that version, let alone be able to provide a working version with it instantly....

They would also understand that outside official channels support for betas will and can not be given, so whatever bug comes from it will be their own to solve.

In short: they would not be here "demanding" a compatible Plus! version to begin with.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-24-2008 02:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RamGuy

34 / Male / –
Whom is demanding anything?

I'm perfectly aware of what a "BEAT version" means, and I'm not here asking for bug feedback etc.. I'm simply confirming what is not working with this new build (Messenger Plus! Live did work with the previous 9.0 build), it's not like that's a bug, it's common sense that new versions often need updated add-ons.

I'm just saying that I really like the new build, I really enjoy the new cosmetic feeling, sadly there doesn't seem to be that many new features but the GUI itself keeps me using it!

I'm not demanding anything, I'm not complaining either.
Just saying that all I miss with this new build is the support of mess / a-patch and Messenger Plus! Live, I can't really see the harm in saying that?

This post was edited on 08-24-2008 at 02:38 PM by RamGuy.
08-24-2008 02:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by RamGuy

Could we hope for a fast small update?
You can't really get a 'fast small update' when the entire GUI has been redesigned.

Not to mention, even if Patchou did support beta builds, the update would be heavily tested to make sure everything did play nice with a complete new version of WLM, which of course takes time too.
[Image: jumbled.png]
08-24-2008 06:43 PM
lordtinuviel

The voices are back...EXCELLENT!!!

– / Male / Flag
apatch is out

http://www.apatch.org/downloads.php
[Image: sig2o1a8.png]
08-24-2008 07:31 PM
piposervisair

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful

48 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
First of all, noone should be using the leaked build. It's not useful and of course, like any beta, has many problems and bugs.

Patchou does not and will not release a update to Messenger Plus! Live to support a beta build. :)

Please understand.

Well Well, sounds like military talk "Patchou DOES NOT AND WILL NOT RELEASE A UPDATE". Sorry for asking Colonel Sir.

May i ask the Colonel a question Sir??

Why in the past Pachou did make quick updates for beta, and now he wont?? Sir.

God damn man, talk normal and not like a US Military man.

Peace & B-Wild

p.s. Nope i don;t understand it. Please Reply

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
ermmm......

Yes, a new 9.0 Beta is going to be passed to a select few testers. If the guys here (Music Head, RamGuy) are in that group, then no, they wont held up development.

But ANYONE who is not an official beta tester and DID NOT got the (new) beta via the official channels, or ANYONE who leaks a private beta, DOES hold up development like explained by SpunkyLoveMuff.

may is ask where you read this crap :S:S:S. I got my beta true some 1 from microsoft, not even true beta site of Microsoft it self, so that means personal of MS will hold up the development of this version. Ya right.

Let me think, when was that. O, yah 2-3 years ago, Microsoft launch his biggest beta test program in history with Vista. Did that hold up development, Nope it just help MS with that.

The same with Windows Se7en (Yes i have the first beta of it). MS even open up a site where the public can see what MS is doing with Windos Se7en.

So please stop the Bull about holding up development of WLM, in the past years more beta's leak and never did that stop or hold up the product.

So people test it like a motherF, and MS likes that.

Peace

This post was edited on 08-25-2008 at 12:44 PM by piposervisair.
08-25-2008 12:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Patchou never made quick updates for past betas at all, the betas that he made an update for were those that were easier and public betas such as the 8.5 Beta and the widely released 9.0 Beta that was released / leaked. As far as i know those were the only releases that supported a beta, and that was simply because of the mass amount of people using the betas and the known length of time the beta was going to be available without change. As multiple people have stated, in Betas many things change, so there is no point making an effort to make something compatible when it could break again soon.

Also Windows Se7en was only provided to a select amount of partner companies in an effort to improve the compatibility issues that occurred during the release of Windows Vista, everyone knows of the Windows 7 release for torrents and stuff, not doubting that you may have legally obtained the beta, but the chances are slim. And believe it or not, when things are released and leaked publicly without Microsoft permission there are many more people using it than there should, therefore MS have a lot more work to do, and by downloading leaks your simply making MS more cautious about there releases to beta testers which DOES slow down the process.

This post was edited on 08-25-2008 at 12:56 PM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
08-25-2008 12:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Not to mention, even if Patchou did support beta builds, the update would be heavily tested to make sure everything did play nice with a complete new version of WLM, which of course takes time too.
Does that mean Patchou may need more testers to test Plus! so he is sure everything is fine? :D

quote:
Originally posted by piposervisair
Well Well, sounds like military talk "Patchou DOES NOT AND WILL NOT RELEASE A UPDATE". Sorry for asking Colonel Sir.

May i ask the Colonel a question Sir??

He wasn't rude to you. He just explained you the situation. He is not responsible for Patchou not updating Plus! for a BETA, which is absolutely logical. Users are supposed to use the official WLM version so Patchou has no reason to update his software. BETAs are usually buggy and there are changes from one BETA to another. It is not as easy as it sounds to update Plus! for the new BETA. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
08-25-2008 01:03 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis

quote:Originally posted by vaccination

Does that mean Patchou may need more testers to test Plus! so he is sure everything is fine? (Smilie)

Not necessarily, he means we would have to go through every little bit, over and over again. Just to make sure.
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

08-25-2008 01:12 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: