What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 9.0

Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 9.0
Author: Message:
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0
OH MY GOOD!!! just imagine where skinning is going!!! :(

quote:
Originally posted by dwergs@Mess.be
Forget about the leaked Windows Live Messenger 9 build, it is sooo last month. The LiveSide boys have discovered these two screenshots of what just might be the final version of Windows Live Messenger 9.

[Image: yqd8bqkk-overview.jpg][Image: s602hvxq-personal.jpg]
>> Screenshot of Main and Conversation windows.               >> Screenshot of Main window personalization options.

Let's sum up changes and possible new features we can derive from these visuals:

1) Main window header (dashboard) backgrounds are customizable.

2) New, bigger e-mail inbox icon located at the right in the header.

3) Personal Status Message (PSM) and "music you're currently listening to" are now separated.

4) Colored display picture frames show the contact's current status: green means available, yellow is away, red is busy, white means offline, pink means pimping. Ok, I made that last one up.

5) Buddy icons in the contact list are replaced with the similarly colored squares.

6) The What's new feed below your contact list keeps you posted on what your contacts are up to in terms of blogs posted or photos uploaded to Windows Live Spaces, files uploaded to Windows Live Skydrive, etc... the potential of this feature is huge). It'll also show a thumbnail picture if applicable and there's a personal feed per contact in the conversation window.

7) Promotional tabs have been moved to the footer, right above the banner ad.

By the way, dear Microsoft, before you send us another DMCA takedown notice, first check out who owns the domain these screenshots are hosted on.

This post was edited on 09-05-2008 at 12:00 AM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
09-04-2008 11:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
Ha looks like its gonna get worse :P that dashboard image replacement thing might cause problems. If its anything like how the contact cards do it its going to be a bit tricky to do.

XP users have nothing to worry about, the majority of problems for skinning will be caused by vista.

lol on a side note they copied the feature where the color of the display picture changes depending on status from me! I DEMAND REIMBURSEMENT! :P

This post was edited on 09-05-2008 at 12:15 AM by Willz.
09-05-2008 12:13 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
By the way, dear Microsoft, before you send us another DMCA takedown notice, first check out who owns the domain these screenshots are hosted on.

The pictures appear to be hosted on msghelp.net now, maybe  you should just link to it rather than hosting it... We don't want DMCA notices either ^o) lol
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-05-2008 12:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

The pictures appear to be hosted on msghelp.net now, maybe  you should just link to it rather than hosting it... We don't want DMCA notices either ^o) lol
I did that to avoid that if somebody erase the original files we won't have anyway of see the new features anymore... that is what dwergs wrote at mess.be not me... :P
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
09-05-2008 12:22 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

I did that to avoid that if somebody erase the original files we won't have anyway of see the new features anymore... that is what dwergs wrote at mess.be not me... :P

Well, yeah... but they won't get in to trouble if MS see it, MS will just remove the image from their servers... They can't do that with this site though, so will issue a DMCA notice (unless it's not supposed to be secret; it could be a "leaked" ;) picture, like I have a feeling the Google Chrome comic was)

This post was edited on 09-05-2008 at 12:25 AM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-05-2008 12:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
I was wondering where the space, telephone and all those icons will appear :P...
09-05-2008 12:28 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
This might be controversial but I actaully quite like the look of it

Although yeah, it could make skinning a bit of a nightmare.......but then again, if the interface is decent enough to start with it might reduce the necessity for skins to make it look good
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5185 days, 20 hours, 42 minutes, 43 seconds ago
09-05-2008 12:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
hey i just noticed something. In the left screenshot look at what the ad says:

"Feb 10: In what the writers guild is calling "the best.....""

lol that news item is about the the writers strike :P how long could MS have had this for..... hmm interesting :P
09-05-2008 12:33 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Wow...7 months and not leaked...that's quite impressive, lol
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5185 days, 20 hours, 42 minutes, 43 seconds ago
09-05-2008 12:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Wow...7 months and not leaked...that's quite impressive, lol

or.... it could be we are looking at the mockup design and this is not an actual screenshot. Its quite possible MS had this designed early on and yeah haven't reached that point yet. Its done all the time.
09-05-2008 12:46 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: