What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 9.0

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 9.0
Author: Message:
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0
quote:
Originally posted by piposervisair
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
First of all, noone should be using the leaked build. It's not useful and of course, like any beta, has many problems and bugs.

Patchou does not and will not release a update to Messenger Plus! Live to support a beta build. :)

Please understand.

Well Well, sounds like military talk "Patchou DOES NOT AND WILL NOT RELEASE A UPDATE". Sorry for asking Colonel Sir.

May i ask the Colonel a question Sir??

Why in the past Pachou did make quick updates for beta, and now he wont?? Sir.

God damn man, talk normal and not like a US Military man.

Peace & B-Wild

p.s. Nope i don;t understand it. Please Reply

I wasn't trying to sound like that, and I do appologize if I did. I simply was stating that he won't release an update until the product comes out of beta. During the entire beta process, products can change darastically. So there isn't a point to update Plus! Live, especially in the early stages. As already explained, the UI has been completely re-designed, and it's not (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) going to be easy for Patchou to just issue an update.

As Cookie already explained, one shouldn't be using a beta build that isn't intended for them. When you use a beta, you're going to encounter many bugs and glitchs, which are going to simply piss a normal user off and in turn they're going to bitch. So it's our, the beta team, job to find the bugs etc and report them to the development team to get them fixed.

Also, I'm not aware of Patchou releasing any update to Plus! to support a beta build. He, however, might have done it prior to me joining the community (Years ago).

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
ermmm......

Yes, a new 9.0 Beta is going to be passed to a select few testers. If the guys here (Music Head, RamGuy) are in that group, then no, they wont held up development.

But ANYONE who is not an official beta tester and DID NOT got the (new) beta via the official channels, or ANYONE who leaks a private beta, DOES hold up development like explained by SpunkyLoveMuff.

may is ask where you read this crap :S:S:S. I got my beta true some 1 from microsoft, not even true beta site of Microsoft it self, so that means personal of MS will hold up the development of this version. Ya right.

Let me think, when was that. O, yah 2-3 years ago, Microsoft launch his biggest beta test program in history with Vista. Did that hold up development, Nope it just help MS with that.

The same with Windows Se7en (Yes i have the first beta of it). MS even open up a site where the public can see what MS is doing with Windos Se7en.

So please stop the Bull about holding up development of WLM, in the past years more beta's leak and never did that stop or hold up the product.

So people test it like a motherF, and MS likes that.

Peace

Actually, in the last three beta phases, the leaks postponed the release. Not only did they slow down the beta proccess of Messenger itself, it also slowed down the entire release of Wave2. :).
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-25-2008 01:23 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
O, yah 2-3 years ago, Microsoft launch his biggest beta test program in history with Vista. Did that hold up development
Yes.
[Image: jumbled.png]
08-25-2008 03:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0
quote:

The same with Windows Se7en (Yes i have the first beta of it). MS even open up a site where the public can see what MS is doing with Windos Se7en.

So please stop the Bull about holding up development of WLM, in the past years more beta's leak and never did that stop or hold up the product.

There's a difference between releasing a product for public beta, private beta, and putting up a website to inform the interested.

The differences have already been explained.

quote:

Not when you aren't testing what they want to test, and you have no idea what it is they're wanting to test. Therefore, you are of no use to them.

If there wasn't a specific goal for their testing and just wanted to test it like a MF, then they would have released it as a public beta like they did when WLM 8 first came out.
08-25-2008 04:24 PM
mattisdada

RRElive.com

32 / Male / Flag
If i remember correctly the following beta's were supported:
8(the many 8 beta's)

So preety much every one :P. But remember, im not saying this as fact, just as i remember.....
[Image: Siggy.png]

http://www.rrelive.com/RRElivev2

If you would like my theme for your phpBB3, please contact me.

Thy shouldnt be judged by thy rep givin to you, but by thy rep that you give.
08-26-2008 10:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
O, yah 2-3 years ago, Microsoft launch his biggest beta test program in history with Vista. Did that hold up development
Yes.

Was probably the longest they would milk out an OS with so little changes for the years they spent on it :P.
08-26-2008 11:06 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0
quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
If i remember correctly the following beta's were supported:
8(the many 8 beta's)

So preety much every one :P. But remember, im not saying this as fact, just as i remember.....
it is indeed not a fact.

There were many betas for each major version you listed to begin with. And not all those betas were supported by Plus!. Only the public betas. And some of the private betas (which were certainly not alpha versions but versions which were know to be become public soon!!) were supported by beta versions of Plus! because they needed to be tested out with the new Plus! so it could be ready for the public. In some cases Plus! even reconized beta versions and refused to work with them.

--

The fact remains that Patchou will never make Plus! intentionally compatible with private WLM alpha/beta versions which are still going to change a lot in a short time.

This post was edited on 08-26-2008 at 12:25 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-26-2008 12:24 PM
RamGuy

34 / Male / –
Well, the first BETA of WLM9.0 was supported, wasn't it?

And that has to be the most unfinished BETAs of all I've seen this far, the first WLM9.0 BETA was kinda a WLM8.5 with moving avatars and quite a few bugs, not even close to be the same as the new BETA.

But that one is supported? Go figure if Patchou doesn't update for minor leaked BETA release..

quote:
As Cookie already explained, one shouldn't be using a beta build that isn't intended for them. When you use a beta, you're going to encounter many bugs and glitchs, which are going to simply piss a normal user off and in turn they're going to bitch. So it's our, the beta team, job to find the bugs etc and report them to the development team to get them fixed.

Jesus, a BETA does not necessary mean lots of bugs and crashes..
Sounds like using the new WLM9.0 BETA is committing suicide, like you WILL experience HUGE issues, which WILL piss you off!

Can't really say that's the truth, the WLM8.0 BETA was a pain in the ass but I haven't really noticed any issues WHATSOEVER with this new 9.0BETA. It's actually feeling better, more responsive and "smooth" than the 8.5 Final version, the webcam windows seems slightly increased (I have yet to understand why the heck we can't make them as big we want??) and the "be signed in at multiply places at once" is actually working (couldn't get that to work with the first WLM9.0BETA, but then again that BETA wasn't really much a BETA, just a WLM8.5 with supported animated avatars and quite a few bugs)

I don't see the harm in asking Patchou for a update?
What's wrong with that? We did get one for the first WLM9.0BETA (which we really could call a WLM9.0 Alpha in my opinion)

So why can't we hope for another one this time?
It was all the same with the first WLM9.0 BETA, Patchou don't do BETA's and blab, blab, blab.. And then suddenly it was supported!

quote:
it is indeed not a fact.

There were many betas for each major version you listed to begin with. And not all those betas were supported by Plus!. Only the public betas. And some of the private betas (which were certainly not alpha versions but versions which were know to be become public soon!!) were supported by beta versions of Plus! because they needed to be tested out with the new Plus! so it could be ready for the public. In some cases Plus! even reconized beta versions and refused to work with them.

Care to explain how the first "BETA" of Live Messenger 9.0 got supported? It was a leaked BETA, it was in my opinion not worth the "BETA tag" but rather a "alpha tag".

If Patchou NEVER do support leaked versions, why is BETA1 of WLM9.0 supported then? I can't really understand that?

I agree that it's stupid to expect Messenger Live! Plus to be compatible with BETA's, at least leaked ones! But that doesn't mean it's stupid to ask nicely if Patchou might got plans for making a version that works with it, is it?

And basted on the past where the first leaked BETA of WLM9.0 suddenly got supported, why can't we hope for the same to happen again?

This post was edited on 08-26-2008 at 06:34 PM by RamGuy.
08-26-2008 06:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0
quote:
Originally posted by RamGuy
Care to explain how the first "BETA" of Live Messenger 9.0 got supported? It was a leaked BETA, it was in my opinion not worth the "BETA tag" but rather a "alpha tag".
Because of the lack of changes compared to the released WLM and that beta, Plus! simply happened to work - no extra work was put it to make it support it.

I did a quick search, and there was no mention of any WLM9 beta support in any post made by Patchou, except a note not to use it.

You even said it yourself:
quote:
the first WLM9.0 BETA was kinda a WLM8.5

This post was edited on 08-26-2008 at 06:52 PM by Vilkku.
[Image: signature.php]
08-26-2008 06:47 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
This is getting ridiculous :s. Thereīs no point in having pages long discussions without even a single post from Patchou.

Sure, we can hope for a quick Plus! update, I think every Plus! user hopes that. However, there are more changes (especially internally) in the new beta build, compared to the old 9.0 build. Making Plus! compatible with the new build wont be so easy as last time.

The reason for compatibility with last 9.0 build was because the beta testing stopped... new beta builds werenīt expected for a long time.
Itīs different this time because the currently leaked build is already old according to mess.be, and beta testing will apparently be resumed shortly, meaning a lot of new builds and changes will be released. It wouldnīt be the first time MS completely changes the internal working in between two beta builds. I can understand why Patchou wouldnīt want to waste time on compatibility for each beta build if a new beta build might be released just a week later anyway.

But yes, we can hope.

This post was edited on 08-26-2008 at 06:49 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-26-2008 06:47 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RamGuy, you need to realise that there is a huge difference in Plus being able to integrate itself with a new version on it's own, and Patchou making an update.

Just because Plus sorta worked with the first beta, doesn't mean Patchou actually made an update(which he didn't, afaik.)

The only beta Patchou has ever made an actual update to Plus for is the 8.5 Public Beta, iirc, and that was only because it was public and practically a final version(at least that's what I believe to be his reasons for making an update for it, I'm not speaking for him =p).
[Image: jumbled.png]
08-26-2008 07:00 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: