What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Deactivate Messenger Plus in one account

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Deactivate Messenger Plus in one account
Author: Message:
Gerardo

O.P. RE: Deactivate Messenger Plus in one account
Ok, this, I think, will be one of my last ideas to confirm that it isn't me doing something wrong.

Could one of you please attach the shortcut already made, with the path and the command so I would only have to download it and doble click it. If that doesn't work, I suppose then that it is a bug problem and it isn't me.

Thank you for all your help :)
I wanted to thank you all, it seems that I was doing something wrong.

I was logging out of my account, but I didn't close the program in the context menu. So when I tried the shortcut, it reopened the same window which already had MP activated.

Now that I loged out, closed the window through the context menu and used the shorcut, everything worked perfectly :D

THANK YOU!

One question: is it posible to create some sort of shortcut, that first closes every Messenger window before opening it again without MP? :)
08-27-2008 02:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Deactivate Messenger Plus in one account
No, not with just only the shortcut.

But you could create a small batch file or a windows script which closes all Messenger clients prior to open a new Messenger client. Use this batch/script as the "shortcut".

----

However, there is another, maybe easier method. Simply patch Messenger to allow for polygamy.

Now, Messenger Plus! has also an option for polygamy/multi-msn (its a soft-patch, meaning the change is done in memory), but since you're going to run Messenger without Plus!, you can't use that option and thus you need to hard-patch Messenger instead (meaning the change is done on the actual physical file on your hard disk). This can be done with A-Patch (the polygamy/multi-msn patch is on the last options page).

Once you've hard-patched Messenger, you can use the shortcut you already have to launch Messenger without Plus!, and without closing the previous instances (nomatter if Plus! is attached to them or not)...

;)

This post was edited on 09-02-2008 at 04:53 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-02-2008 04:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Gerardo

O.P. RE: Deactivate Messenger Plus in one account
THANKS CR!

I decided to just close messenger the manual way everytime I'm done using MP. Boy... now I have to move the cursor a few extra milimeters each time and... and... press the mouse button two more times than usual :'(

:P

Thanks all of you for your help :)
09-05-2008 02:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: