What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Google Chrome

Pages: (11): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Google Chrome
Author: Message:
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Google Chrome
I guess some of you know that Google Chrome will be released later today. I read the Google comic about it and I got very excited, and I can't wait to use it. Now, I also got curious about the effect this might have in the "browser war". I'm a little afraid that it will take away of the Firefox user share first, before (if at all) having a impact on the IE users. Thoughts?
[Image: signature.php]
09-02-2008 06:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: Google Chrome
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
I guess some of you know that Google Chrome will be released later today. I read the Google comic about it and I got very excited, and I can't wait to use it. Now, I also got curious about the effect this might have in the "browser war". I'm a little afraid that it will take away of the Firefox user share first, before (if at all) having a impact on the IE users. Thoughts?
Most likely it won't have such a big impact unless they suddenly start advertising for it on their homepage. However, I do hope that some of the features are embedded into Firefox. V8 certainly sounds interesting, so does the sandboxing. Oh, and webkit! Wooooooohoo.

Enough of the rant, I don't think it's going to take over anything, but I hope it is going to improve other browsers. Frankly, who can live without their Firefox extensions? :p
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
09-02-2008 07:07 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Doesn't sound too exciting. "Apps" run fine on my current browser (what the hell is the definition of a web app anyway, this sounds just like web 2.0).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
09-02-2008 07:20 AM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Doesn't sound too exciting. "Apps" run fine on my current browser (what the hell is the definition of a web app anyway, this sounds just like web 2.0).
If you read through the comic book, it appears that it's more important to tell what it can do, what's beneath the hood. I'm personally amazed that they've mashed together something with such a focus on the core. However, I am concerned the first impression will be similar to the "Safari for Windows" happening.
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
09-02-2008 07:26 AM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
It looks very interesting and promising. I will definitely be checking it out.
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
09-02-2008 08:08 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
I will check it out, but i don't think it will knock Firefox off of my default list *-)
...there used to be a signature here :)
09-02-2008 08:50 AM
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
I am not sure. I think it looks pretty damned neat, but I will miss my foxmarks.

I definitely agree with the fact that it will probably eat more of Firefox's share than IE's - mainly because most tech savvy people use Firefox, and hence will look at Chrome, rather than the high number of people who are just like "Internet Explorer = The Internet"
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
09-02-2008 03:48 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Looks promising, a new generation of browsers for our modern Internet habits. Of course it will be a while before it can compete with the big boys :P.
09-02-2008 04:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
quote:
Most likely it won't have such a big impact unless they suddenly start advertising for it on their homepage. However, I do hope that some of the features are embedded into Firefox. V8 certainly sounds interesting, so does the sandboxing. Oh, and webkit! Wooooooohoo.

Enough of the rant, I don't think it's going to take over anything, but I hope it is going to improve other browsers. Frankly, who can live without their Firefox extensions? :p

why would anyone be happy that they're using webkit? :<
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-02-2008 04:16 PM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
quote:

why would anyone be happy that they're using webkit? :<
Several reasons, but for one, it's a) fast b) powerful and c) open source.
Yeah, the evil browser Safari uses it, but buuu huuuu.
nitrolinken.net.
09-02-2008 04:43 PM
Pages: (11): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: