What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading

Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading
Author: Message:
Vazza

– / Female / –
O.P. Grin  Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading
So tomorrow (6th September) marks the beginning of Busking Cancer week in the UK with 300 buskers taking part in the week long event up and down the country to raise funds for Cancer Research UK. That's not just you're normal buskers though. It's established artists, new bands...oh and the odd one who just wants to have a go.

So, you're probably wondering, why I'm posting this.....

Well, on Wednesday 10th September, I'm taking to streets to raise funds myself in Glasgow (that's assuming that the world still exists come Wednesday morning mind). So why am I doing it? Well, some of you might remember that last year I came asking for monies towards Cancer Research UK's Race For Life. Well, I didn't do that this year and after a second cancer scare in my family this year, it only seems appropriate that I raise funds some other way.

So what I'm looking for is a little support. If you would like to support this great cause you can make a payment using the generic sponsorship page at http://www.justgiving.com/buskingcancer2008 using all major credit and debit cards. If you can't do that, I'll be happy enough to accept payments via Paypal or Alertpay (as I need to pay any monies raised on the day [who am I kidding?] myself anyways). Or if you just want to send me messages of support  you can do that too. I'd say come and see me but for some that just not possible :D

Thanks in advance and hopefully I'll find someone who's will to get the evidence of the day to share with you all :D

Huggles
Vhari x

p.s. you can read about the event here
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7258 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes, 10 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
09-05-2008 10:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading
What is your PayPal account? I'm not quite sure if donations I make will arrive in your account before the 10th, but I take it it doesn't matter if it arrives a few days later?
09-06-2008 08:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading
I'll PM my address to you just cause it's my personal one (not any of my spammy ones :p)

And it won't matter cause I still have a few to collect from other people plus anything I make has to be paid into my bank before I can pay it online (confused? Yeah so am I :D)
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7258 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes, 10 seconds ago
09-06-2008 11:56 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
nice one menthix :O :)
09-06-2008 12:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Moaner

– / Female / Flag
i would so donate if i had any money.
09-06-2008 05:32 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Donated. I had a family member pass away because of cancer too. Hope you raise a lot of money.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
09-06-2008 07:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Moaner
i would so donate if i had any money.

Yup, if I'd have known about it I'd consider going busking myself, but actually got me at busiest time in my life :P
09-06-2008 08:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
Well, did the busk today and things did not go particularly to plan. From the busk itself I only raised £3.60 (which as my brother lightheartedly said it would probably be enough to buy a pen or two to write down their calculations) I think it was down to nerves more than anything else seeing as it was the first time I've actually performed in public (choose a perfect time to do it, didn't I?)

On the otherhand, through sponsorship I've raised.....110 GBP with the possibility of more. Thanks to those that donated and remember that there is still time to donate.

Top pic from the day:
[Image: 1001112rv1.th.jpg]

Think I'll stick to doing the Race For Life from now on lol

Huggles
Vhari x
09-10-2008 09:21 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
Top pic from the day:
[Image: 1001112rv1.th.jpg]
Umm, I think your fly's undone :P

Congratulations though, £110 is a great effort. I would donate if I wasn't a cheap-skate :P
09-11-2008 12:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
Meh, I'm life's coming undone so that might as well add to it. Did I not say it was a <insert word of choice here> I'm sure you can fill in the blanks :p
09-11-2008 10:37 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: