What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » HOW THE WORLD WILL END

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
HOW THE WORLD WILL END
Author: Message:
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END
quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
If life is in my mind, should i be able to delete/forget/kill/purge things that i dont want?
don't try to bend the spoon, thats impossible, just try to realize the truth, there is no spoon.
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6621 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes, 36 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
09-25-2008 05:19 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END
quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
If you think we are really dreaming, that's because "somewhere" "we" are sleeping. So, when we wake up, that will be "real life". Therefore, there is a real life.
Consequently, your argument is not valid.
I think his point is that we have no real physical form and there exists no Earth or solar system, our entire world is just a 'pulse of energy' (or something like that) which gave rise to a (his) consciousness which in turn imagined an entire universe i.e. as the world came into being with him, so it will disappear as he ceases to be.
quote:
But I have convinced myself that there is absolutely nothing in the world, no sky, no earth, no minds, no bodies. Does it now follow that I too do not exist? No. If I convinced myself of something [or thought anything at all] then I certainly existed. But there is a deceiver of supreme power and cunning who is deliberately and constantly deceiving me. In that case I too undoubtedly exist, if he is deceiving me; and let him deceive me as much as he can, he will never bring it about that I am nothing so long as I think that I am something. So, after considering everything very thoroughly, I must finally conclude that the proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind.

Cogito, ergo sum (Latin: "I think, therefore I am")

"I think, therefore I am" - I know I (my consciousness) exist, but how do I know that anything else does?

This post was edited on 09-25-2008 at 06:06 AM by Volv.
09-25-2008 06:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaPLeX

Fenerbahce SK

33 / Male / Flag
The end will never come for us.

For the world? i dont know, try :google:

http://www.google.com.tr/search?hl=tr&q=HOW+THE+W...gle%27da+Ara&meta=

[Image: 23rs9ya.gif]
09-25-2008 08:19 AM
taborgirl

O.P. RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END
haha yea
thats my guitar teacher for yea :)

but i kinda think that we cant really change anything by just thinking it,  we have to physically make it happen
09-25-2008 11:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SchizoidSkullz

My friends and I have come to believe that we are all digital beings in an arcade game. The 'end of the world' is simply what the kid who is playing said arcade game tells us, so as we don't realize he has run out of quarters and is on his last life.
-----------------------
We've also put thought into the theory that the governments have made us believe that which we cannot prove without using them as source. Hence, there are no other planets. And the Sun doesn't exist. The governments have worked together (for once(or so they'd like us to believe)) to build a flashlight which they have strategically hung on a rope that dangles from a very tall tree that they've hidden using the Eifel Tower. When the moon appears, they've simply turned off "Hi" and turned the switch to "Lo."
--------------
Would have you.
02-27-2009 11:47 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
I'm not very good at explaining deep stuff like this :P but life is life, it's not some stupid "dream" or an "arcade game". I'm a guy who doesn't believe in religion and hate stupid theories like this. An 'Atheist' if you will. How can you ask "How will the world end?" ? Unless you can look into the future, nobody knows! O.o
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-28-2009 12:08 AM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
http://www.endofworld.net/
No longer here.
02-28-2009 12:14 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
those who are dead are not dead, they're just living in my head.
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
And since I fell for that spell, I am living there as well

Ohhhhh! :)
Time is so short and I'm sure... there must be something morewrong....

[Oh, there is something wrong! =D People trying to see the future and not living/playing/beliving/what-so-ever the today =O]

This post was edited on 02-28-2009 at 05:53 PM by blessedguy.
[Image: Empty.png]
02-28-2009 01:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
dimitrije2212

31 / Male / –
RE: RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END
quote:
Originally posted by SchizoidSkullz
My friends and I have come to believe that we are all digital beings in an arcade game. The 'end of the world' is simply what the kid who is playing said arcade game tells us, so as we don't realize he has run out of quarters and is on his last life.
-----------------------
We've also put thought into the theory that the governments have made us believe that which we cannot prove without using them as source. Hence, there are no other planets. And the Sun doesn't exist. The governments have worked together (for once(or so they'd like us to believe)) to build a flashlight which they have strategically hung on a rope that dangles from a very tall tree that they've hidden using the Eifel Tower. When the moon appears, they've simply turned off "Hi" and turned the switch to "Lo."
--------------
Would have you.
Nice idea!xaxa:D(Y);)
03-10-2009 08:11 PM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SchizoidSkullz
-----------------------
--------------
Would have you.
Did the government make you have illicit drugs before having those ideas? :P
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
03-10-2009 08:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: