What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request] Open custom window

[request] Open custom window
Author: Message:
kazaakas

O.P. [request] Open custom window
Hey people,

I was wondering....

When you are added to a group conversation with someone there who is not in your contacts list, and everybody leaves the conversation except for the contact which wasn't in your contact list, you have a messenger window open with that person and you can have a conversation
(Provided that they have the "Only people on my allow list blabla" option enabled)

So is there any way to open a window like this?

Thanks in advance ;)
06-19-2010 05:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
whiz

– / – / Flag
RE: [request] Open custom window
From the contact list menu bar (press Alt if it isn't showing), go to "Actions" > "Send an instant message...".  You can then type the address of the contact you want to talk to.

You can also type "/msg <contact email>" in a conversation to open a new one.
06-19-2010 06:53 PM
kazaakas

O.P. RE: [request] Open custom window
Thanks, seems to work, now how can I see the status of those people? Because the usual bar which says "Contact is 'Away' so he/she may not reply" can't be shown because there is already a bar there with: "This contact is not in your list"

Any way around that to see their status?

I know its possible to see the status of un-added people as long as they have that specific option disabled, I saw it once in a group conversation

And those status checkers (which you don't have to login for) online don't work, tested it on myself with that option disabled and it said offline all the time
06-19-2010 08:48 PM
whiz

– / – / Flag
RE: [request] Open custom window
As far as I know, it isn't possible due to the limitations of Messenger.  You can see a contact's status if they're on your list but blocked, but not if they're not on the list in the first place.
06-20-2010 09:54 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: