What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » How to remove "Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor" from add/remove programs window

How to remove "Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor" from add/remove programs window
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Tongue  How to remove "Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor" from add/remove programs window
I had installed sponsor while installing 4.70 or even an old version. But during a virus scan, it damaged sponsor's files. A couple of days ago I wanted to uninstall it but I couldn't because it said the sponsor's uninstallation program has been damaged. I downloaded universal uninstaller and did the uninstall with that. Now no CiD ads.

However, in add or remove programs it still displays Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor (CiD). When I launch the uninstaller of Plus!, it still says that sponsor's program had been damaged. I discovered that if I move the universal uninstaller exe to the Program Files\Circle Developement directory, then Plus!'s uninstaller assumes that sponsor can be uninstalled. I click on "Remove Sponsor" button and follow the instructions, the uninstaller of sponsor says at the end that sponsor has been uninstalled for all users. However, at that moment Plus! displays a dialog and says "The sponsor's uninstallation program couldn't be started. Please try restarting your computer and disable your antivirus programs." which is the language file value SponsorLaunchTimeout.

No, I won't reinstall Plus! etc. I only want to succeed what I want with such tweaks :P Can you help me? Am I in the correct way of doing this? How can I remove "... & Sponsor (CiD)" thing from add / remove programs and just leave "messenger plus! live" there?
10-17-2008 09:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: How to remove "Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor" from add/remove programs window
Reinstall Messenger Plus! Live WITH the sponsor over your current install, and then Uninstall the Sponsor using Add/Remove Programs.  Its the only solution available.

If you refuse to reinstall Plus!, then you're pretty much outta luck afaik.
10-17-2008 09:30 PM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: How to remove "Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor" from add/remove programs window
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Am I in the correct way of doing this?
No.

Anyway, if you don't want to follow Dane and want to mess up with your computer, play with HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Messenger Plus! Live .
10-17-2008 10:19 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: How to remove "Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor" from add/remove programs window
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Anyway, if you don't want to follow Dane and want to mess up with your computer, play with HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Messenger Plus! Live .
Thank you, this solved the problem.
10-18-2008 05:02 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: