What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus!

Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus!
Author: Message:
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus!
Hey,
I'm not sure that this quite classes as a bug, and I'm also not positive that my figuring is right on what causes it, so apologies for any inconvenience etc.

Basically I've been trying to write a script to put my 360 games in my PSM, by mimicing the PSM of my 360 messe4nger account.  Problem is that Plus! doesn't actually detect PSM changes from a 360.

I used a packet sniffer to try to figure out the problem myself, and think I may have uncovered it, but as I said, I could be entirely wrong.
This is sanippet of the packet log, first from my account on PC, and second from same account on 360.
code:
UBX email@hotmail.com 1 126  <Data><PSM>Personal Message</PSM><CurrentMedia></CurrentMedia><MachineGuid>{36790E0E-0AB4-4131-81C9-7C52594DF097}</MachineGuid></Data>
code:
UBX email@hotmail.com 1 234  <Data><PSM>Personal Message</PSM><CurrentMedia></CurrentMedia><PSMURL>http://live.xbox.com/profile/profile.aspx?GamerTag=Stefan+Leroux&appid=messenger</PSMURL><SiteID>66262</SiteID><MachineGuid></MachineGuid></Data>

As you can see from it the only obvious differences are that the 360 has a <PSMURL> and <SiteID>, but a blank <MachineGuid>, whereas the PC has the opposite.
I hope this is fixable, since I have a script I'd love to make for Vista, but isn't currently possible.
Thanks, and hope this is the right place.
Leroux

This post was edited on 10-19-2008 at 04:29 AM by ArkaneArkade.
[Image: adsig.jpg]
10-19-2008 04:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus!
You could, for now at least, use Xniff and just grab the information from the packets
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-19-2008 11:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus!
;)
Already trying to do the script with Xniff.  Not very successfully since it's being built to run alongside another script I made which already uses Xniff, but there you have it.  Just not the best long term solution I feel because I'm only (hopefully) on this PC temporarily until I fix my Vista one, and then there goes Xniff. :(
10-19-2008 02:02 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by Leroux
Already trying to do the script with Xniff.  Not very successfully since it's being built to run alongside another script I made which already uses Xniff, but there you have it.  Just not the best long term solution I feel because I'm only (hopefully) on this PC temporarily until I fix my Vista one, and then there goes Xniff

Xniff can run multiple instances just fine... I have a few scripts that use it. As for Vista, I'm using Vista on a wireless network and it works 100% perfect :p ;)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-19-2008 05:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Contact PSM Change not detected by Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
Xniff can run multiple instances just fine... I have a few scripts that use it. As for Vista, I'm using Vista on a wireless network and it works 100% perfect :p ;)

Really?  I was under the impression it didn't run multiple (although I did realise you don't need to initiate it to have it accessible in all scripts).  Never ever had it work on Vista though, although if it works for you, I'll have another look if the other PC ever gets fixed.
10-19-2008 11:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: