What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Contact-specific automessages

Contact-specific automessages
Author: Message:
scumm

O.P. Roll Eyes  Contact-specific automessages
Before I say anything..
"Welcome back, scumm. You last visited: 07-16-2007, 01:26 PM", haha

ANYWAY,
Is it possible to make a script that will allow me to assign different messages to different contacts? It'd go a little something like this..

window no.1
quote:
Mary says: hey, what happened last night??
Mary says: you said you were gonna call me
Your auto-message: sorry mary! my brother was in a car accident :(
Mary says: :O

window no.2
quote:
John says: hey dude
Your auto-message: talk to you later man, still hungover from the party
John says: lmao

See how useful this could be? :)
I did a short search of the forum, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for.

So, anyone?

This post was edited on 10-29-2008 at 11:02 AM by scumm.
10-29-2008 02:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact-specific automessages
Hmm, this is actually a very good suggestion. Although, it's not possible for a script to change what should be sent as auto-message when a personalised status is triggered.

Nonetheless, this is certainly something that could have its use. I'd say that this should be implemented in Plus! Live itself in some way. I'll leave a suggestion on the Beta Testing forums and redirect them to this topic to see what the others think. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
10-29-2008 11:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Matti
Although, it's not possible for a script to change what should be sent as auto-message when a personalised status is triggered.
either make it possible(@pachy)
or
just don't use the auto message function and just replicate one

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

10-29-2008 11:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Matti
Although, it's not possible for a script to change what should be sent as auto-message when a personalised status is triggered.
What about just finding out what the personalised status is when a message is received?  That is highly possible, as is detecting when it is changed.

The script would have to handle the response anyway as it is contact-specific (and he was looking for a script so I don;t think he minds having to enter the data again).

If you want to get a list of the personal statuses, then I suggest using Matty's registry 'library' and iterating through the keys in "HKCU\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<email_address>\PersonalStatus".  There is also a ResponderMessage value that you could detect sending in the script, and if there is a response for that specific contact then you could stop the message from being sent.
[Image: markee.png]
10-29-2008 12:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
@markee: Hmm, well that's indeed a way to prevent the auto-message from being sent, but a message sent by a script can't make those nice blue italic auto-messages which Plus! displays in a chat window. Or is that just a special code parsed by Plus! on the client-side like the sounds (e.g. /sapplause)? If it's just a code, I think I'll give this a shot. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
10-29-2008 01:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
It is actually a really intuitive code that you wouldn't normally notice.  Just put "AutoMessage: " (without quotes) at the begging of the message and then you get the nice looking message with MP!L.
[Image: markee.png]
10-30-2008 10:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: