What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Update] X360+ 2.2.5

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[Update] X360+ 2.2.5
Author: Message:
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Update] X360+ 2.2.5
Hey guys,

May not be long since the last version, but I've done what I can to sort it out a lot more.  This update brings it much closer to what I envisioned at the start, so hopefully it'll help for you guys a bit too.

Updates:
Microsoft rolled out NXE last week, and improved the XBOX messenger client somewaht.  The XBOX now sends Personal messages, and media messages, which are detectable by Plus! (also identical, for whatever reason).  As a result, Xniff.ocx is no longer used to detect changes, as they are done by the changing PSM.

The database is now online, although incredibly limited.  I severely doubt that many people use the 'gimmicks' but they were my primary intention, and so the support has worked on them mostly.  When the game is changed, the database is queried for details including PSM, and game name.  the reason for this being that some games (such as viva pinata) did not detect properly and so the name displayed garbage characters.
- If anybody has anything they want in the databse, for the time being they wuill need to contact me to get it.  I am hoping to make this open so people can edit at will, but it may take a while.

Added new automessages.  Currently these can be very annoying if someone is spamming you, but on the other hand it gives vengeance for the spamming.  Basically when you are playing you will automatically reply what you are playing, and optionally invite the person to join you.  I am looking to update this feature quite drastically, to allow per user customisations, according to whether or not they have a gamertag (this will be based on user input, as no method to find out exists to my knowledge).

MS Agents added.  I know how much most people hate these, but at the same time some people love them.  the script lets you choose whether to enable or not to appease everyone, and also has a drop-down selection of all your installed agents, so if you don't like merlin you don't have to hand edit the script to use a different one.
The agents are set to load when you begin playing a game, and unload when you stop.  While loaded they will speak all messages from contacts.  Again, in future I hope to make this contact specific.

If there are any problems, or requests just get in touch with me, and I will do what I can to fix it.
Script devs: if any of you use this and notice any errors in debug, please give me a shout about it, as I intend to remove them all.

Hope you enjoy it.

Leroux

New Version - only for bugfixes.  MS seems to have changed the xbox messenger so now Plus! no longer triggers quite right.  There is a minor workaround in this, only to sort that.

.plsc File Attachment: X360+ 2.2.5.plsc (71.3 KB)
This file has been downloaded 236 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-21-2008 at 12:51 AM by ArkaneArkade.
[Image: adsig.jpg]
11-24-2008 08:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [Update] X360+ 2.0
nice, Xniff wasn't working for my wireless so il give this a try(Y)
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
11-24-2008 09:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
NanoChromatic

I'm hot cause I'm fly

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Update] X360+ 2.0
quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
nice, Xniff wasn't working for my wireless so il give this a try(Y)

I Like it (Y)
Well done :)
[Image: editbytbgux9.png]
11-24-2008 09:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Update] X360+ 2.0
Pointless update time.  Main post updated to include the script.
Added MS Agents to the script.
Main reason is because I do use them.
The point is for people like myself, who have their PC and 360 in the same room.  I hate having to pause to read messages... and its even worse if you're on Live, so the agents are meant to say whatever people tell you so you don't have to.
Obviously, you don't like it don't sue it, but hopefully it will be ok for some.  And failing that, its ok for me, and you can't fault a script or having optional features.

As always, please tell any problems or requests, and I hope you like it.
11-30-2008 03:50 PM
NanoChromatic

I'm hot cause I'm fly

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Update] X360+ 2.0
quote:
Originally posted by Leroux
Pointless update time.  Main post updated to include the script.
Added MS Agents to the script.
Main reason is because I do use them.
The point is for people like myself, who have their PC and 360 in the same room.  I hate having to pause to read messages... and its even worse if you're on Live, so the agents are meant to say whatever people tell you so you don't have to.
Obviously, you don't like it don't sue it, but hopefully it will be ok for some.  And failing that, its ok for me, and you can't fault a script or having optional features.

As always, please tell any problems or requests, and I hope you like it.

Well done again XD :)
Downloaded again.
[Image: editbytbgux9.png]
11-30-2008 04:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: [Update] X360+ 2.0
quote:
Originally posted by NanoChromatic
Well done again XD :)
Downloaded again.

glad you like it man :D
11-30-2008 09:52 PM
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Update] X360+ 2.1
Just a note for anyone using the script.  As far as I can tell, MS have changed the way that the xbox sets its PSM and Media again, so Plus! no longer detects the new parameters.  I'm away from home atm so there will be an update soon that will hopefully address this issue.
12-15-2008 11:34 PM
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Update] X360+ 2.2.5
Updated version to solve the issues after the recent xbox update.  No new features, just a working script again.
12-21-2008 12:56 AM
SmokingCookie

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [Update] X360+ 2.2.5
Wow, you must have had nothing to do, the other day :P

Even though I don't have an XBox 360, I think it's a nice one (Y)
12-28-2008 08:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
RE: [Update] X360+ 2.2.5
I'm surprised this hasn't got more attention. Good job and thanks for the script.
01-22-2009 09:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: