What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :(

Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :(
Author: Message:
klily11

O.P. Happy  Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :(
I downloaded MSN Messenger 9.0 two weeks ago and got myself this msnpluslive add-on for that particular version. The only problem i'm facing is that there's this tab on costumizing whether to 'connect to several accounts simultaneously'. I checked that box and restarted messenger.

But it just doesn't work...*-) I can't log into a few accounts at the same time.... Could anyone please help me with this? Thanks a lot!!
12-02-2008 03:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :(
How are you tryin to do that? (step by step)

After you signed in with one account you just start messenger as you normally would (desktop icon) once more and sign in with the next account..
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-02-2008 03:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
The feature doesn't let you use the same Windows Live Messenger to connect to different passports it lets you open up multiple instances (copies) of Windows Live Messenger to allow you to have multiple passports signed in. Double Click the Windows Live Messenger icon to start it and once it is started do it again. You will notice a second instance opens allowing you to connect to a different passport. I understnad how you could get the feature confused but never the less it doesn't work the way you expected.
12-02-2008 04:02 PM
klily11

O.P. Wink  RE: Can't run multiple accounts at the same time... :(
got it! thank you a lot... :)
12-02-2008 08:24 PM
Lost Soul

29 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by klily11
I downloaded MSN Messenger 9.0 two weeks ago and got myself this msnpluslive add-on for that particular version. The only problem i'm facing is that there's this tab on costumizing whether to 'connect to several accounts simultaneously'. I checked that box and restarted messenger.

But it just doesn't work...*-) I can't log into a few accounts at the same time.... Could anyone please help me with this? Thanks a lot!!

If you download A-Patch for WLM Messenger, theres a setting that'll enable polygram, which means you can have multiple WLM running at the same time.
12-03-2008 08:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Lost Soul
If you download A-Patch for WLM Messenger, theres a setting that'll enable polygram, which means you can have multiple WLM running at the same time.

Which is what MP!L does... In fact, it works exactly as described. What you posted has nothing to do with the original problem
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
12-03-2008 08:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: