What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Remote assistance with Belkin router......

Remote assistance with Belkin router......
Author: Message:
WakkoWarner

O.P. Remote assistance with Belkin router......
I am trying to figure out why my neighbor's daughter can't access her mother's computer via remote assistance through Messenger.  I was able to access the daughter's computer with no problem, but when she tries to access her mother's computer, it comes up with a DNS name error.  Her mom's computer is hooked up to the internet via a cable modem & a Belkin router (the daughter's computer is hooked up directly to the modem).  Does anyone know what needs to be setup in the Belkin router for this to work?  I changed a couple of settings, but they didn't fix the problem.  They are using MAC address filtering, but I don't know if that will stop it or not.  If anyone has any ideas, your input will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
12-11-2008 04:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Wally

Thanks Vax <3

– / Male / Flag
RE: Remote assistance with Belkin router......
I personaly think that Windows live messengers  remote assistance  is horrible use a seperate application. i use this its a really good, quik remote assistance program.

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx

you dont really need to do anything with your router just have access to the internet.

This post was edited on 12-11-2008 at 07:30 AM by Wally.
Careful don't summon the fail whale.
12-11-2008 07:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: