What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live

Pages: (40): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
3 votes - 3.67 average   Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
Update: a new public beta of Messenger Plus! is available now:

msgpluslive.net/news/2009/01/11/another-year-another-version/

The current release of Windows Live Messenger and the public beta of Messenger Plus! Live are not 100% compatible. While some features do work not all. This was expected to happen as things can change when a product (Windows Live Messenger) goes from beta to release candidate.

Patchou is aware of the incompatibility and when we know something you will know something.

The current version is:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=941017]
Image courtesy of Neowin.net

.png File Attachment: 98_messengerabout.png (58.18 KB)
This file has been downloaded 50706 time(s).

This post was edited on 01-11-2009 at 05:30 AM by WDZ.
12-16-2008 12:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
Does Messenger Plus! work with Windows Live Messenger 2009 (sometimes called version 9 or 14)?
Messenger Plus! currently is not compatible with the *latest* build of Live Messenger 2009. This build is labeled 14.0.8050.1202 and was released on http://download.live.com/messenger at December 15 2008.

So when will a working version be released?
UPDATE: It's out: Another year, another version :-)
Update: As of last night (January 8) official testers are testing Messenger Plus! 4.80 which works on the latest Live Messenger 2009 build. This new version will be completely compatible, including chatlogging, tabbed conversations, skins and scripts. This is a private beta, so you can't download it yet. The good news however: Patchou will release Plus! 4.80 as a public beta on Saturday (tomorrow!). Keep in mind a release on Saturday doesn't necessarily mean early in the morning, if Patchou releases the new version in the evening it would mean people in a lot of timezones won't be able to download it until Sunday.
When released on Saturday it will still be a beta version, it will be about 2 more weeks before hitting final and officially replacing 4.70. During those 2 weeks everybody is more than welcome to install it and give it a try. There shouldn't be any serious bugs, if you do encounter problems please report them on the forum.
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou in his mail to the betatesters (got permission to post it here)
Because I want other developers to be able to use this new feature as soon as possible, I’ll update the public beta that’s currently on msgpluslive.net on Saturday. I’ll let you continue to do your tests for another 10 days before I release 4.80 officially though. Still, that means that in the meantime, if you want to release an update of your software with support for UIB files, a compatible version of Plsu! will already be on the site so you don’t have to hold your release.
You can read a full copy of Patchou's mail to the testers here (very interesting info for add-on, patch and skin developers).

How can I keep up to date about the news?
Bookmark this thread, updates will be posted here as soon as we know more. You can also subscribe to the news by RSS, official news from Patchou will be posted there.

But I heard somewhere Messenger Plus! was supposed to be compatible with Messenger 2009 Beta?
In total there are 3 different builds of Live Messenger 2009, Messenger Plus! is only compatible with the oldest 2 builds.
How do I know which build I am using?
  • Click on the menu button on your Messenger contact list. [Image: menu-button.png]
  • Go to: Help -> About Messenger.
  • The Version and build numbers are shown in the about window.
  • If your window says "Build 14.0.8050.1202" there is no working Messenger Plus! for your Messenger yet.
  • If your window says "Build 14.0.5027.908", download Messenger Plus! Live 4.79 Beta.
  • If your window says another version or build number, try Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.334 as it should probably work fine.

I use Live Messenger 2009 RC1 (Build 14.0.8050.1202), but Plus! still works?
Messenger Plus! will indeed still load and you can still use certain feature. However, it is far from working properly. A lot of features will only work partially and most things will not work at all. It is not recommended to keep using Plus! on the latest Messenger 2009 build, if you do, there is no point in reporting which feature do or don't work. Patchou is already aware of the problems, and we can't give any support.

What do I do until a new Plus! version is released?
You can continue to use the RC1 build without Messenger Plus! for now. If you want to be sure you aren't bugged by half-working Plus! features, uninstall Messenger Plus! and keep checking the news for a working Plus! version.

If you can't live without Plus!, uninstall Live Messenger 2009 RC1 and go back to Live Messenger 8.5 or find an old copy of Live Messenger 2009 Beta 2 which you can use together with Messenger Plus! Live 4.79 Beta.
You need to uninstall Live Messenger RC1 before you can use an older version. If you have problems uninstalling RC1, try lykos1865's walktrough

This post was edited on 01-11-2009 at 05:23 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-16-2008 12:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Thanks for that. I've now updated the two stickies and linked back hare :).

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=86310
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=86309

Seriously Sam... that wasn't needed...
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
12-16-2008 01:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
maddawgz

Thanks when will it be expected out waits patiently...(Y)(Y)
12-17-2008 02:04 AM
roc

Laugh

– / Male / –
eager for newer release!
12-17-2008 05:10 AM
MersauX

Life? Don't talk to me about life!

39 / Male / Flag
OK, I may be a pain in the ... neck for asking this, but could someone list the features of Messenger Plus! that don't work in the RC1?
Messenger Plus! Live - I Love It!
12-17-2008 01:56 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Are there going to be more RCs? I don't know what happens when a new Messenger version is released cause I only use Messenger for one year when Messenger 2008 was released
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
12-17-2008 02:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
There likely will be as they want their software to have tolerable bugs not intolerable ones. Therefore the public beta of Windows Live Messenger wasn't final because of the vast majoirty of intolerable bugs; Webcam streaming not working, custom emoticon bugs etc.

I would say that yes there will be more RC versions but that is up to Microsoft in the long run.
12-17-2008 02:47 PM
Link_of_Hyrule

So far I haven't encountered any bugs with the new build hopefully they decide to make a build with gtalk/aim in it soon seeing that they already have an unreleased build with working gtalk.
12-17-2008 11:53 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Does anyone know of ANY way of accessing the scripts menu on the new build, that is all i need, if not, thanks anyway :)

EDIT: And before someone states the obvious, that they are not compatible, i am just querying whether there is a method. If you don't know of one, don't reply.

This post was edited on 12-18-2008 at 12:43 AM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
12-18-2008 12:31 AM
Pages: (40): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: