What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live

Pages: (40): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 22 23 » Last »
3 votes - 3.67 average   Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
Author: Message:
MersauX

Life? Don't talk to me about life!

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
The easiest way to stay with the Beta build of WLM 9 is to open the exe file in something like ResHack and edit the version number. I've done it and managed to sign in without upgrading to the latest version. I'll wait for Messenger Plus! before I upgrade.

This post was edited on 01-09-2009 at 09:34 AM by MersauX.
Messenger Plus! Live - I Love It!
01-09-2009 09:34 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by mufaa
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
quote:
Originally posted by Spot
I am just wondering when there will be a possibility for the tabbed chats to be fixed?

I'm sure everyone knows that the taskbar window pane doesn't flash under tabbed chats.
Press alt and problem is fixed.

Press alt? Press alt and what? Tell me!

Pressing Alt will do nothing for this problem, it is caused due to Messenger Plus! Live's current incompatibility with the new release of Windows Live Messenger

Patchou has just released a beta version to all testers and expects to have a public release online in around two weeks (could be before, could be after).
Not really. It's not because of plus!. Opening a convo with anyone and pressing alt will hide the toolbar that replaces the tabbed chats place. :)
01-09-2009 11:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
I just updated my post on the first page, but I'll post it again here because more people will notice:

As of last night (January 8) official testers are testing Messenger Plus! 4.80 which works on the latest Live Messenger 2009 build. This new version will be completely compatible, including chatlogging, tabbed conversations, skins and scripts. This is a private beta, so you can't download it yet. The good news however: Patchou will release Plus! 4.80 as a public beta on Saturday (tomorrow!). Keep in mind a release on Saturday doesn't necessarily mean early in the morning, if Patchou releases the new version in the evening it would mean people in a lot of timezones won't be able to download it until Sunday.
When released on Saturday it will still be a beta version, it will be about 2 more weeks before hitting final and officially replacing 4.70. During those 2 weeks everybody is more than welcome to install it and give it a try. There shouldn't be any serious bugs, if you do encounter problems please report them on the forum.
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou in his mail to the betatesters (got permission to post it here)
Because I want other developers to be able to use this new feature as soon as possible, I’ll update the public beta that’s currently on msgpluslive.net on Saturday. I’ll let you continue to do your tests for another 10 days before I release 4.80 officially though. Still, that means that in the meantime, if you want to release an update of your software with support for UIB files, a compatible version of Plsu! will already be on the site so you don’t have to hold your release.
You can read a full copy of Patchou's mail to the testers here (very interesting info for add-on, patch and skin developers).

This post was edited on 01-09-2009 at 03:19 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-09-2009 11:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Andylongi

53 / Male / Flag
Wow thanks for this great news!!!!!!!
01-09-2009 12:17 PM
wiebeltje

40 / Female / Flag
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeY finally :P i've really really missed plus so much!!

this is gr8!!!!
01-09-2009 12:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mufaa

Oh yess!!! I am pretty sure the Beta will be as stable as the final, if not a little less and possibly the instability will not be noticeable by users like me. So this is pretty fantastically awesome. I was actually going to ask if there could be a possbility of a public beta..'cause many require the new Messenger Plus since MS is forcing. But here is Patchou being kind as always.

Good stuff!
01-09-2009 12:37 PM
froznb

41 / Male / Flag
Good News definitively! I've been dealing with a lot of clients, friends, and family asking me desperately about a new version of Plus! That's what moved me to log into this forums. Good work Patchou! And thanks for the tip, MenthiX :D!
[Image: FzB.png]
Leave tomorrow, for tomorrow, write your story, one step at a time!
01-09-2009 01:21 PM
Robin2130

Old Cheesehead

37 / Male / Flag
Great :) KUTGW :D (Keep Up The Good Work)
01-09-2009 02:03 PM
Cianloves

31 / Female / Flag
Thats great, thanks :D
01-09-2009 02:13 PM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
That's great, thanks for sharing the news.
01-09-2009 02:25 PM
Pages: (40): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 22 23 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: