What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature Request: Hyperlink to mail website when the popup displays X mails.

Feature Request: Hyperlink to mail website when the popup displays X mails.
Author: Message:
sunangel368

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Feature Request: Hyperlink to mail website when the popup displays X mails.
Hello,

I'm a frequent email checker, and I have been using Msgplus! Plugin since 5 years ago.

I have 3 email accounts,

Windows Live Mail, GMail,& My Company Mail.

Problem 1#
During the popup which says "you have x mails from xxx@xxx.com's inbox",

The x mails didnt really follow exactly from my gmail. let's say the msgplus! plugin displayed this:"you have 5 mails from xxx@xxx.com's inbox",
and I have 5 mails in my inbox currently, i go to my gmail and viewed the mails, which remains 0 mails in my gmail inbox.

and then later I have one more mail incoming in, i can view it directly from my gmail inbox, but I didnt view the email. I waited for the Msgplus! Email Checker Popup, but it displayed "you have 6 mails from xxx@xxx.com's inbox". Instead of 1 mail, it displayed 6 mails.

Problem 2#
The purpose of setting up my mails in Msgplus! is to ease me in checking emails. So I would hope that - Whenever the Msgplus! email checker popup appears with x mails, I would hope that - when i click on that popup, it would open a default internet browser and directs me to the whatever mail service i'm using.

For instance Gmail, when i click on Msgplus! email checker popup appears with x mails, the link would directly view me www.gmail.com

I would hope there is a box for me to type the website for the email services, eg. www.gmail.com.

I hope this can applied to the patch, it greatly eases everyone on checking emails!

I don't know if this is a Bug or Report, I'm not sure. I'm sorry If I had placed the wrong thread.

Thanks for reading!
Charles

12-16-2008 08:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Feature Request: Hyperlink to mail website when the popup displays X mails.
quote:
Originally posted by sunangel368
Problem 2#
The purpose of setting up my mails in Msgplus! is to ease me in checking emails. So I would hope that - Whenever the Msgplus! email checker popup appears with x mails, I would hope that - when i click on that popup, it would open a default internet browser and directs me to the whatever mail service i'm using.

For instance Gmail, when i click on Msgplus! email checker popup appears with x mails, the link would directly view me www.gmail.com

I would hope there is a box for me to type the website for the email services, eg. www.gmail.com.

You can enter the website address to launch in the "E-Mail Client" field in the settings window :)
12-16-2008 09:07 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
sunangel368

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Feature Request: Hyperlink to mail website when the popup displays X mails.
That was a fast reply!

Oh yeah, It's better if i can access the emails with a Mail button next to the MSgplus icon on the main screen of Messenger, on the top right!
12-16-2008 09:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Feature Request: Hyperlink to mail website when the popup displays X mails.
quote:
Problem 1#
During the popup which says "you have x mails from xxx@xxx.com's inbox",

The x mails didnt really follow exactly from my gmail. let's say the msgplus! plugin displayed this:"you have 5 mails from xxx@xxx.com's inbox",
and I have 5 mails in my inbox currently, i go to my gmail and viewed the mails, which remains 0 mails in my gmail inbox.

and then later I have one more mail incoming in, i can view it directly from my gmail inbox, but I didnt view the email. I waited for the Msgplus! Email Checker Popup, but it displayed "you have 6 mails from xxx@xxx.com's inbox". Instead of 1 mail, it displayed 6 mails.
This is because Gmail reports all emails (except the archived ones) as new mails. Nothing reliable can be done about that on Plus!' side.
You can archive all read emails as a workaround.

quote:
Oh yeah, It's better if i can access the emails with a Mail button next to the MSgplus icon on the main screen of Messenger, on the top right!
That would require an extra button for each email address, as each email address could have to open another website/application.
In your case it would require 3 extra buttons, while you can also just click the MP!L logo in your contact list and open the website/application for your email address from there.
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
12-16-2008 01:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: