What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM (BETA 9) problems

WLM (BETA 9) problems
Author: Message:
maxrpg

O.P. WLM (BETA 9) problems
hi guys

never been on the forum before but ive been using messenger plus for about a year now i think its fantastic.    thankfully my issue isnt with messenger plus...its with MSN BETA 2009

i installed it and it seems to work for the most part with the strange exception that my contact list is completely empty..it says i have no contacts and click here to add some.

now all the contacts show up in TOOLS > Privacy settings but not on my main list in msn window.   
ive also noticed that it doesnt show me as being online to other people,  probably because noone is on my contacts list.

when i tried to add a new contact it actually said "the contact me@hotmail.com cannot be added because the email extension is not compatible with msn" :S ...but its an msn email address lol

basically its not showing my contacts and ive search all over for some type of help but i cant find anywhere to get help from...does anyone know about this issue and perhaps know how to solve it please?

ive already tried deleteing the contact cache..didnt work

other people do seem to be having this issue but none of the websites give a reply to there problem. 

12-17-2008 10:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM (BETA 9) problems
Can you see your contacts when you login from another PC? (either with the same or another version of WLM)
Man is least himself when he is in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. (Oscar Wilde)
12-18-2008 02:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
maxrpg

O.P. RE: WLM (BETA 9) problems
works fine with messenger 8 can see all my contacts on my list.  its just the new BETA version that wont show them at all...i can login fine but have no contacts and it doesnt even show my buddys that im online.  its very strange.

alot of my friends are using it and they have no problems so maybe im missing something..although im fully uptodate with all windows updates and such so that cant be it

a new beta update came out last night and i installed that but still have the same issue...any ideas?
12-18-2008 06:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: