What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game

Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game
Author: Message:
Devil_Spawn

O.P. Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game
This is a feature that has been in a plugin called 'stuffplug' for a long time, however it is very slow to update and has a lot of features that i have no use for - it probably wont update ever for the latest version of msn.

So basically i was wondering if you could ad it to PLUS instead, as then i would have to need for stuffplug.

Its quite a simple concept - if you recieve a message when another application has priority over msn it flashes the LED's of your keyboard(caps,scroll,numlock), then when you open the conversation, they stop flashing. It is extremely useful when msn does not alert you to a message whilst playing a game.

Hope you can add it :)

Thanks

- Devil_Spawn

This post was edited on 12-20-2008 at 10:40 AM by Devil_Spawn.
12-20-2008 10:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MersauX

Life? Don't talk to me about life!

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game
There's a script that does that:

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/78-Key-Flasher/
Messenger Plus! Live - I Love It!
12-20-2008 10:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Link_of_Hyrule

RE: Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game
Wow I was going to say I don't think thats possible but thats cool I'll have to give it a try when plus is updated to work with RC1 fully.
12-21-2008 01:08 AM
Devil_Spawn

O.P. RE: Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game
Hey,
Although that does have the desired affect - a problem with it is that it not only flashes the keyboard lights, it also actually turns them on and off - so i EnD UP TypInG LiKE This
12-21-2008 12:47 PM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Feature Request: Flash Keyboard LED's when recieving a message behind a game
quote:
Originally posted by Devil_Spawn
Hey,
Although that does have the desired affect - a problem with it is that it not only flashes the keyboard lights, it also actually turns them on and off - so i EnD UP TypInG LiKE This

Yep, there's no other way of making them flash, unfortunately :(

When I used that script (not anymore) I had the Num Lock LED flashing instead of Caps Lock; Num Lock doesn't do much unless you're using the keypad a lot.
12-21-2008 08:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mattumanutd

30 / Male / Flag
Why not stick to Keyflasher, I don't find anything wrong in it, it works fine and you can't really work out something better than that for that purpose. And for not ending TyPiNg lIkE ThIs just flash the scroll lock instead just like I do!
[Image: 4231b2ad0ba9497a6274a508dc850cde-67-en.png]
12-31-2008 09:47 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: